The Night of Silence

The day was one of the darkest and saddest days after The Great Angel Demon War. The people of Segal spat upon Drake and Katie Hellgate. The celestials, too disgusted to look them in the eyes. The mob marched them down to the center of their magnificent floating city. A guillotine, rusted with blood, stood waiting for the Hellgate's fate. It stood in front of a giant 250-meter stone statue of a man draped in a toga. His eyes, the color of blood.

The young, handsome Hellgate was first to march up to the death machine. He looked all around, seeing hate. He knew he was beaten, destroyed, the rebellion lost. As the executioner shoved his head into the slot which will separate mind from body, he gave the crowed a warm smile.

The Celestials in their bright blue robes, faces hidden, looked down at him. "Do you have anything to say, before you are casted back to hell from wench you came?"

"Before I die," He said in a strong voice. "I wish to tell you, I am not the cause of this havoc, I'm merely a scapegoat. Your belov-" The blade interrupted his last words. His wife became hysterical. The crowd, after watching the Celestials stop the man's dying words, lost hope in their government.