Chapter 7 Attention is Everything

I landed on the ground with a loud thud. As I looked around, I realized I was in the worst place possible. The Celestial Chambers. Footsteps approached me and I panicked. There wasn't a place for me to hide and so I froze. As the figure approached, I seen it was just a girl. Just a normal girl in a secretary outfit.

She screamed. "Oh, my god!" She then immediately tackled me to the ground. "You are under arrest Drake Hellgate. You are being convicted of murder of James Thompson, Andrew Carnie, and Hailey Penson."

"I know I don't any proof but I didn't do that! I didn't murder anyone!" We struggled on the ground until she banged my head on the ground and I stopped resisting.

"Don't you dare fill my head with lies! My father is going to be so happy that I caught the most wanted criminal in the land of Raziel ." She then tied my hands and feet together like I was a hog.

"Do you really have to do this? I mean I understand I am a criminal but I am not a hog."

"Shut up!" She dragged me over to where I was tied the first time I was here. "You wait here and don't go no where, I got to go get daddy." She then ran out of the room and yelled for her dad.

"I got me into some really deep crap now." I told myself in disappointment. She came in, dragging her father. I squinted, trying to recognize him but he was like all the others in the dark room.

The man came closer and undraped his hood. "By the Heaven's it is him!" His face revealed to me to have a crooked nose. His black hair was slicked back and a patch of hair rested under his bottom lip. His eyes were sleek like a cats and bright like a dying sun. "This is big. Wait till the rest of the celestials hear about this. I will be promoted another rank!"

"Daddy didn't I do a good job?"

"You? Psshh don't you know I had him in my office this hole time? He was just hiding around here because he knew he would be killed if he escaped."

"But I seen him come in."

"Trixie," He shook his head in shame. "what did I say about lying? Do you want another lashing?"

"Yes father."

"That's a good daughter. Now watch him as daddy goes back and gets the gaurds."

Even though she captured me, I felt bad. I understood what its like to be in her position, wanting attention. "You don't deserve to be treated like that."

She started crying silently. "I know. I have been trying to make him proud of me for the longest time."

"Well, just have a chat with me."

"okay." We talked for hours and hours on end. She started to smile brightly. I smiled too, even though I was locked up. "You know this is the first time I smiled in a long time?"

"See I am not a bad guy. I won't be living for long. I am going to be executed like my parents"

"I can change that, on one condition."

"Anything."

"Take me with you."

"Are you sure? That would make me a bigger target on my back than what it already is."

"Please, I need to escape this hell."

"Fine. But on one request."

"Anything."

"Show me were the bodies of the victims are.

She gave me a weird look. "Why would you want to see that?"

"If I can prove to the people of Segal that I didn't do it, the thirst for my blood would be over."

"Fallow me."