Seventeen

Niall is helping Liam do dishes when his phone rings.

"Help!" he whines to Liam, his phone in his butt pocket and his hands wet from the sink. Liam rolls his eyes, fishing Niall's phone out of his pocket. "Liam!" Niall whines when Liam doesn't give him his phone right away.

"Hello?" Liam answers.

"Hello? Liam, is that you?" Zayn asks, voice confused.

Liam laughs. "Yeah, it's me. Just messing with Ni, here he is."

Niall sticks his tongue out at Liam as he dries his hands on a dish towel before snatching his phone from Liam. "Hello?"

"Hi there, sweetheart," Zayn says back, voice soft. Niall can hear that he's smiling.

"Hi, Zayn," Niall says back shyly.

"What are you up to?"

"Just finished helping Liam do dishes...I guess I was just gonna be lazy for the rest of the night. Why?"

"Well, Jay and I are having a lazy night in, too. You're welcome to come over if you want."

"I'd like that," Niall smiles, cheeks going pink. "I'll see if Liam can drop me off. Do I need to bring anything?"

"Nope, love. Text me when you're on your way," Zayn instructs, and then hangs up. 

"Li? Can you take me to Zayn and Justin's?" Niall questions.

"Yeah, of course. Just tell me the address." 

Niall thanks him and runs off to his room, tossing some clothes and toiletries into a bag, just in case he falls asleep at their place again.

"Ready, Ni?" Liam calls. "I'm heading out to Harry's, so let's head out!"

- - -

"Call me if you need me to pick you up," Liam tells Niall as he gets out of the car.

"I will. I'm sure they'll drop me off, though." Niall smooths his skirt. "Okay, see you later. I love you, Li."

"I love you, too, kiddo," Liam chuckles fondly. Niall makes his way up the steps and rings the doorbell. He's nervous for some reason, though he knows he has no reason to be.

Justin answers the door, wearing a crewneck and a pair of Captain America boxers. It makes Niall laugh. "Are you laughing at my outfit choice, cutie?"

Niall points at his boxers. "I'm team Iron Man."

Justin's jaw drops. "You are not."

"No, I'm not," Niall admits, giggling. "You should've seen your face!"

Justin glares at him, a smirk playing at the corner of his mouth, and then he lunges for Niall, tossing the tiny blond over his shoulder.

"Justin! Put me down!" Niall squeals, laughing.

"No! You're being a little brat!" Justin laughs back.

"Zayn!" Niall shouts, cries for help interrupted by laughter. "Help!"

Zayn makes his way towards the front door, brow crinkling in confusion at Justin holding Niall over his shoulder.

"What the hell is going on?" he asks, trying not to laugh.

"He said he was Team Iron Man," Justin answers at the same time that Niall yells, "Nothing!"

Zayn just shakes his head, fond. "Justin, stop terrorizing Niall, please."

"If I must," Justin responds, sighing dramatically, and he puts Niall down. 

Rolling his eyes, Zayn pulls Niall into his arms. "Hi, baby doll."