Eight

Throughout the next week, Jax and my relationship grew stronger. I don't know if it was the bond or if we just naturally got along if we tried but it was nice.

We planned our trip back to my home pack, and decided to bring Charlie along since she hasn't left my side since the day we left.

I was nervous as we drive through the gate that dived my home pack from the rest of the world and started the 7 miles towards my adoptive family's castle.

Chris was the first one to burst through the castle doors and pull me into a bone crushing hug.

"Chris. Can't. Breath" I gasped breathlessly.

"Sorry Tate, I just really missed you, but I see you obviously found your mate" he winked nodding towards Jaxon.

I nodded, smiling a bit.

"How do you think Hayden will react" he asked me quietly.

"I'm avoiding that for now" I claimed.

"Anyways, are you guys staying here?" He asked me

"No, we are going back to my place so I can pack some stuff- just stopped to say hi, tell Gertrude and George that we will stop by again a little later" I told him before jumping in the drivers seat of Jax's car and starting towards my house.

Opening the door, I realized that it was just how we left it a month ago.

Audrey's laptop- with a black screen.

The half eaten pizza sitting on the wooden floor, molding slightly.

My sweatshirt and yoga pants from the run I went on the morning before on the floor.

My school backpack with notebooks falling out on the couch.

You may wonder why I live alone at 16, well I was emancipated.

That's a big word for going to court to be able to live alone. It's not that I didn't like my aunts family. It's just that I like being independent more than anything.

"You have a nice place" Jax commented.

"Thank you, I can show you to your room, okay charlie?" I said, grabbing her hand and leading her down the hall to our spare bedroom.

Jax decided to put Charlie down for a nap so we could be alone, and while he did so, I cleaned up the moldy pizza and the kitchen.

Such a sad sad waist of pizza.

I left someone grab my shoulder and I spun around to face a tired looking Jaxon. He gently kissed my forehead, showing a sign of love rather than lust, before I brought my lips to his and ran my hands through my hair.

"You don't know what you do to me" he whispered before I hopped on the kitchen counter and continued out make out session.

"Jaxon" I start

"Yeah?" He asked, concern lacing his voice.

"I think- I think I love you" I whisper softly.

"I have been thinking that for weeks pup" he smiled before kissing me once again.

Suddenly my door burst open and I hop off the counter to see a shocked Hayden.

My swollen lips and messed up hair would have given him a hint to what we were doing if he didn't already see.

"Hayden, I can explain"...

--------

CLIFFHANGERRRRRRRRR!!!!!