Twelve

The one thing I didn't miss about my old life... was school. It's weird to think this all started at my old school, just trying to innocently hack into the system brought us here.

Jaxon noticed me zoning out, gazing through the window and grabbed my hand.

"Your going to be okay," he smiled at me softly.

"How do you know, I'm not- I don't know, I just don't like school I don't get the point of it," I sighed, trying to explain my mindset.

"Then why did you agree to go?" He laughed, shaking his head.

"To make you happy- I don't know, I should probably make some friends other than your toddler daughter,"

We pulled up to the local school. You could instantly tell that most of the students here were werewolf. The energy was associated with danger- which left me with an uneasy feeling.

"Your gonna be great," Jaxon said as he opened the door and kissed me quickly before helping me out of the car.

Everyone in the parking lot was staring at us, making me even more self- conscious.

When I got inside the school, I found my locker. A group of girls were standing in front of my locker gossiping, completely ignoring me when I asked them to leave. Right before I gave up on trying to get to my locker, I felt a hand on the small of my back. I looked behind me to see a guy my age smirking down at me. Within five seconds, the girls moved and I was able to get to my locker.

"Thanks-"

"Spencer," He told me, introducing himself.

"Nice to meet you spencer, I'm Taylor, obviously new," I laughed.

He grabbed my schedule from me and quickly looked it over.

"I can show you around, we have a couple classes together," he told me, passing it back.

The rest of the school day consisted in Spencer cracking jokes that are not at all funny, and me ending up laughing at his stupidity.

After 6 classes and a poorly cooked lunch, I finally got to see my boy Jaxon again and go home.

Charlie was waiting in the kitchen, practically jumping up and down, when I got home.

"What awe we cooking today!?" She asked me, exited.

"Maybe we can order something in, or you could try to teach your daddy how to cook, I'm really tired sweetie," I told her sadly.

I made my way back to Jaxon and my room, and spread my homework out on our bed. He made his way in the room and sad down next to me, pulling me to his side.

"I did not miss this," I groan, glaring down at my homework.

"Thank you" he whispered, completely ignoring my complaints.

"For what?" I asked, looking up at him, confused.

"You've changed me a lot- you made me happy, thank you,"