Eighteen

I walked through the Halls of my school causiously, trying to avoid Spencer. The scary thing was that I didn't know who he was all working with, how many people are plotting against the pack. How many rebels are there? 

I thought about who I could talk to, to get this all off my chest. But as I made my way to my locker I realized I had no other friends. Spencer was the only person at this school that I connected with, and it was fake. He used me to get to Jax.

I knew high school sucked, but this school takes it to a whole other level.

I looked around, figuring I had to make new friends. Jax and his daughter couldn't be the only people in this pack that I talked to, my friends at home would think I'm pathetic.

I've always been the type of girl to speak her mind and not care what other people think of me, but recently I realised that all my confidence has been replaced with my insecurities.

I saw all the cliches that every school had, crowding the hallways with their groups. The popular girls, with their perfect bodies and beautiful faces. I saw the band kids, talking in a big group with the theater kids. The jocks, laughing at the group of nerds that were sitting on the ground studying.

I wasn't sure where I would fit on, until a girl walked up to me. She looked Irish at the first glance, striking green eyes and bright red hair.

"Hey you look confused," she laughed, not at me like others have, but with me.

It was oddly comforting.

"It's high school, aren't we all," I joined into her banter.

"Very true sis, I'm Gwen,"

"Taylor, nice to meet you," I smiled at her, and here I was stressing about meeting new friends when it was this easy.

"Same to you, well class is gonna start soon so I gotta go, but you should sit with my friends and I are lunch," she waved me off quickly before running in the opposite direction right as the first bell rang.

Making my way into my first period classroom, I sat down in my desk, and opened my notebook, trying to get myself to focus on schoolwork rather than everything else that's taking over my life.

Lifting up my notebook, I saw a folded piece of paper that hadn't been there before.

I held it for a while before throwing it in the trash. It was just paper, it wasn't scary unless I actually read it. 

I heard someone let out a short laugh, and turned to look around the room, before I saw Spencer sitting in the back smirking at me.

I looked back to my desk, too scared to keep making eye contact. My only question was, how far would he really go?

Little did I know that I was about to find out.