♥ Chapter 9 ♥

So far, Crimson wasn't being mendacious about leading the two through the shortcut he had claimed was safe. Cattleya was a bit self conscious however and feared that her lavender coat would easily be seen in the tall, dark grass they were walking through. She wasn't worried about her sister being spotted as she was an Eevee and the Umbreon could easily come up with a lie that the Eevee belonged to their tribe.

Cattleya's mauve hues flickered towards Velvet, watching as she swayed her bushy tail and frequently lifted her ears upwards. She could hear the faintest sound of a giggle from the Eevee which meant she was probably talking to Crimson. The Espeon let out a little huff and flattened down her ears, ghosting the tip of her tail against the ground.

After a while of walking, Crimson came to a pause which seized Velvet's giggling. "Ride's over, little princess, let me just go fetch lover boy." Cattleya rolled her eyes and instead lied down, crossing her paws and bringing her ears up a little. Her little sister gently jumped down from Crimson's back and sat back on her hind legs. "Will it take long?" She asked, head tilting. Crimson blinked and let out a quiet chuckle. "Not at all, little princess~"

Crimson told the two to stay low and that he'd be back in just a few minutes. Cattleya furrowed her brows, feeling a bit cautious now that he was going to be leaving them. They were in Umbreon territory after all, which meant they were risking their lives and being open to any attacks. Cattleya looked over at Velvet and found it odd that she seemed to not have a care in the world nor seem to be phased by the fact that this area was hazardous.

After a few minutes of waiting, a nervous knot in Cattleya's abdomen began to form. She began to think of several what if scenarios in her head with each second that went by. She didn't want to turn around and leave because she wasn't familiar with this area, so she could easily get the two of them lost. The Espeon nervously pawed the ground, fur becoming a little spiked now.

She felt an immense wave of relief course through her cat-like body when Crimson finally came back. She grew a little suspicious from seeing the sly grin on his obsidian features. "Sorry about that." He chuckled, tilting his head and pointing his ears north-east. "Follow me here." He crouched down to allow Velvet back onto his back and began walking once more.

"Where's Eclipse?" Cattleya asked him. He had said he was going to get him, didn't he? So why wasn't he here? "He thought I was lyin' when I said you were here. Thought it was just an excuse to get him out and about." He rolled his eyes and looked up when Velvet pawed the golden ring on his forehead. "So, where is he?" Velvet squeaked, moving her paws away from the rings. "You'll see~"

After a few more minutes of walking, the three Pokémon made it to a cave. The bits of sun offered a generous amount of sunlight into the cave, revealing a small body of water and several rocks. Among the rocks laid another Umbreon. He was laying on his side and was faced away from the entrance. Cattleya's heart beat quickly in her chest and she immediately ran up to the other, not having to see his face to know whom it was.

"Eclipse!" She called out, ears coming up and tail swaying. The Umbreon's ears shot up and he looked over his shoulder to watch the Espeon approach him. Seeing the familiar Espeon, Eclipse got up and adopted a petite grin. "Is that really you, Cattleya?" At that, she nodded and pressed her forehead against his. The cerise gem embedded on her forehead touched the middle of his golden ring.

"Oh, get a room." Crimson teased, letting out a laugh. Velvet stuck out her tongue to fake disgust before she let out a little giggle. The Eevee jumped down from Crimson's back and sat beside him, watching her sister and her lover. Cattleya looked over at Velvet and crinkled her nose, Eclipse later doing the same towards Crimson.

"Y'want to help me pick berries, little princess?" Crimson suggestion, resting his paw on top of Eevee's head. The only reason he offered was so Cattleya and Eclipse could have some alone time together. "Okay!" Velvet chimed, pawing at the ground happily. At that, Crimson laughed and began walking away from the cave, Velvet happily following behind the Umbreon.

"If your friend hurts her, I swear." Eclipse smiled and licked the Espeon on her cheek. "He won't. I know he seems like he's trouble, but he's a good Umbreon at heart." Cattleya let out a sigh and rubbed her nose against Eclipse's own. "Okay, I just worry about her safety." Eclipse gave a nod, understanding exactly what she meant. "She'll be fine." He whispered.

The Espeon ducked her head a little and adopted a small smile. She brought her paw forward and pressed it against his. She knew that their time would be short so she wanted to make the most of it right now.

|| I take forever with these updates and I am very sorry about that. Yikes. ||