Chapter 8 - Return of the Maddie

4 weeks...4 fucking weeks Maddie had been trying to get in contact with Erica but nada...she hadn't seen her since the day in the restaurant when Erica left her and Tina..Maddie knew she had been an awkward shit blurting out to Tina about the annulment...as soon as she went back into the restaurant she had gotten a right earful off Tina about how she had treated Erica...Maddie was confused...her head was fucked..she had the most amazing night with Erica the night before but was that really going to stop the annulment..they couldn't really stay married could they?well not now that Maddie had fucked it all up...she felt bad...awful for not knowing about Erica's life..she didn't even think to ask or take an interest knowing more about Erica instead Maddie was too caught up in her own little world and being a selfish twat. She had gotten back to her apartment just after 4 by the time Bob dropped Tina off at her own apartment..taking out her phone she had dialled Erica's phone to see if she could go over to see her to apologise to the umpteenth time...she had been putting off the talk about the annulment but they needed to have it and figure out what was going to happen...Maddie frowned as the phone went straight to voice mail..phoning the hotel reception asking to speak to room 411 where Erica was staying..Maddie's heart sank in her chest as the receptionist informed her that she had checked out earlier that day...she was gone...Maddie had well and truly fucked things over with Erica..

So here she was 4 weeks later glancing at her watch as she watched the plane approaching the runway near the desert..yep she had decided to come back to Vegas where is all began...she had wished she could have came over sooner but even her being the bosses daughter her father was tight with holidays and told her just like everybody else she needed to go through the companies policy of booking her holidays 4 weeks in advance..her father really was becoming more of a tight arse as he aged Maddie thought as she watched the other passengers begin to disembark the plane.

First stop was Jean Taylor's office her lawyer...she had tried to have minimal contact with Jean over the past few weeks because Maddie's head was messed with what she wanted to do about the annulment...Jean had managed to track down Erica which meant Jean had an address for the brunette which Maddie was going to be grateful for..all Jean needed was the go ahead from Maddie to pursue the brunette which was partially the reason why Maddie was avoiding Jeans phone calls...did Maddie really want her marriage annulled?well...she wasn't sure...she knew there were more cons than pros about this marriage but something was holding her back from filing the paper work...there was something about Erica, something Maddie couldn't let go which is probably the reason why she was now State side for some unknown reason and she knew she would never in a million years have done anything like this before meeting Erica..she never chased after anybody before.

Maddie's rented Land Rover pulled into the car park of Taylor's law firm as she locked the car and made her way into the office block..the blonde  knew it was nearing evening time and Jean would be closing up soon but she has emailed her earlier in the week to make an appointment. Smiling at the receptionist she announced her name and the petite brunette smiled at her and told her Mrs Taylor shouldn't be too long...Maddie took out her phone again get as she tapped on Erica's number and waited for the dialling tone..but there was something different this time..it didn't ring..her phone hung up, after attempting a couple of times she realised she had been blocked...Erica had actually blocked her number...Maddie cursed into her phoned and she threw her phoned into her bag.

"Madeline" Jean smiled as she stood at her door as Maddie was still in disbelief to Erica actually blocking her number

"She's fucking blocked my number" Maddie snapped as she stood up snapping her handbag across her shoulders and she marched into Jeans office as her lawyer closed the door.

"Madeline have a seat...I have to say I was a little surprised when you said you were coming to town again" Jean spoke as she walked around her large desk taking a seat as the blonde sat in the empty chair huffing dropping her phone into her handbag.