Chapter 15 - The interview

Maddie's head was pounding in work the next day. She couldn't believe she had actually managed to make it in..when she woke up this morning with Erica's naked body sprawled across her torso she wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with her wife but she knew she would live to regret pulling a sickie. She placed a kiss on Erica's messy brown hair before guiding her back to her side of the bed to which the brunette gladly accepted as she mumbled something in her sleep causing Maddie to smile as she climbed out of bed.

Less than an hour later with less than 3 hours sleep and pretty sure she was still tanked up from last nights boozing session Maddie smiled making her back into the bedroom as Erica was now back on the blondes side of the bed cradling her pillow. Maddie's fingers traced over Erica's hand as she lightly played with the wedding band..she still got excited seeing that on the brunette..she was hers and Maddie's was Erica's..Maddie was in need to get some tasteful rings and first thing she was going to do was get in touch with her jeweller when she got to the office.

Biting her lip Maddie got a note and pen and scribbled a request for Erica for when she woke up..she has been thinking about it the past couple of days and seeing her this morning she was going to make it happen..placing a light kiss on Erica's forehead the brunette didn't even flinch as Maddie rolled her eyes, grabbing her phone and making her way to the kitchen before heading off to work...she knew it wouldn't be long before she would see her wife..

**

Erica's phoned buzzed next to her as her eyes squinted with the morning light..her head was pounding..last night she found out that drinking with rich posh women wasn't boring like she thought it would be where they would sit around talking about the news and politics over champagne..nope Maddie and Tina has the bar flowing and shots and drinks were coming at Erica from all angles..they were crazy like that had escaped a convent or something..dancing and singing and the necked another shot even Erica was struggling to keep up with the pair..she loved their friendship they had..it reminded her so much of her and Carly and it made her miss Carly so much..they had finished up sometime after 3 with them dropping Tina home and Erica vaguely remembers Maddie's hand up her dress on the way home..she wished she could remember more details because she was pretty sure they had sex on the way home in car but considering how much had to drink she couldn't remember much.

Erica picked up her phone reading a text from Carly had read you were funny on the phone last night guessing she had drunken called her best friend. There was also a text from Maddie saying to read her note on the bedside locker followed by a half a dozen xxx's which made her smile through her delicate state. She reached across the bedside locker as she picked up the note

Morning wifey,

I've bagged you an interview today at 12:30. No need to prep just be yourself and dress nicely, I've hung an outfit next to the shower I think you should wear. Bob will pick you up at 11:45. Good luck baby

Love Maddie xxxxxxx

Erica felt sick..an interview..dress nicely..she glanced at her phone it was after half 10..jumping out of bed a little too quick she swayed as she banged her head off the locker letting out a loud yelp.

"Fuck" she groaned as she felt warm liquid trickle down her face and she dashed to the bathroom..she had a cut over her eyebrow that stung like a bitch, she felt sick from all the drink last night and now nervous as hell that Maddie set her up with some interview..she noticed the blazer jacket and tight skirt hanging on the rail next to the shower with a cream blouse..oh god this wasn't going to be an interview Erica was used to in the bars she worked in..it was going to be some corporate job like Maddie's where people used big words and wore suits..Erica wiped the blood from her face as she held a face cloth against her cut as she ran back to the bedroom..grabbing her phone and rang Maddie..as she heard the ringing tone she became more and more impatient..not a fucking chance Maddie was doing this to her..