Chapter 5

Back at Alfea, Musa is shedding tears for Riven as everyone keeps telling her things are going to be alright. Hajari, WIllow, and Michael are in Faragonda's office meeting with her. Mandragora is taking possession of Riven's body through her crystal ball in an undisclosed location. She wakes Riven up.

"All you gotta do is shout! Wake up, Riven!" said Hajarianna.

"Hajarianna, you are so brilliant," Willow says sarcastically. 

Riven jumps up.

"Oh Riven..." Musa says in relief as she wipes her tears.

"Yay! I cured Riven!" Hajarianna cheered.

Flora holds up to two fingers two Riven.  "How many fingers am I holding up buddy?"

Two and I am most certainly not your buddy.

"Two and I am most certainly not your buddy," Riven repeats.

In Faragonda's office...

"Ms. Faragonda, the Book of Fate said that there is no conclusion to my fate and that I would have to write it myself, but one thing: I don't understand is that what does this monstrous-looking face in the book means?" Hajari said.

"That is no ordinary monster face. That is the cave of the Obsidian Circle where the Three Ancestral Witches live. It is truly a wicked place. People who travel there typically never return," Faragonda replied.

"'Typically' you said? So that means that there's still a chance that we would return, right?'

"There is no guarantee that you would return from this abyss-" Faragonda looks out the window and then turns back to Hajari. "Hajari, anyone that travels to Obsidian is lost forever; consumed by absolute evil. 

A large noise comes from outside and the cries of the students of Alfea are terrifying to hear.

Back in the infirmary room...

"What's going on?" asked Musa.

Hajarianna looks out the window and sees giant insects attacking people. "Uhh, not good. It looks like monsters attacking students," Hajarianna said.

"Oh no, that's not good! The school is filled with freshmen fairies that can't protect themselves!" Musa said.

"Specialists. Gear up!" Bloom said.

Back in Faragonda's office, Hogan is looking out the window.

"What is going on outside?" Faragonda asks Hogan.

"Does the name Mandragora sound familiar?" asked Hogan.

"Mandragora?"

An insect smashes through the window. Hogan, Hajari, and Faragonda start running out of the room.

"Who is Mandragora?" asked Hajari.

"Run! This is not a good time for explanations!" Faragonda says.

In the school lobby, Riven and Brandon slice up two monsters attacking two girls. When they are done they start walking away and the two girls scream in terror. Riven and Brandon turn back and they see the two flirtatiously giggling at them.

Mandragora is sitting back watching the destruction of the school. Kajari, Hajarianna, and Musa transform and fly out of the school.

"Anyone who is a friend of big creepy bugs is not a friend of mine," Hajarianna says as she and the two other fairies fly up to Mandragora.

"I am Mandragora, keeper of the Obsidian Circle!" Mandragora shoots a bunch of small gnats at the fairies. "Giant Nightmare Swarm!"

Kajari blocks them with an electric shield, but the insects are overpowering the fairy. "My firewalls not working!" cries Kajari. Kajari is soon overpowered. He and the Squadd fall to the ground.

"There's no escape, children. You can run as much as you want, but that doesn't change the fact that Alfea is going to burn! Hahahahahahaha!" Mandragora gets ready to shoot a spell at the three fairies.

Griselda protects them with a magic dome. "Squadd. go and take shelter," she said.

"Wow thanks, Griselda. I never knew you could do that," Hajarianna said.

"Pathetic, old woman! Infinite Darkness! Mandragora says as she enhances her powers.

Griselda cannot withstand the spell. "You...will not...succeed." Griselda falls to the ground and the shield around the Squadd disappears.

"You cannot defeat me! Inside me, burns the fury of the Three Great Ancestral Witches!" Mandragora said.

Then, someone blasts her on the ground from behind. It was Faragonda and she comes flying in with Willow, Hajari, and Michael.

"Perhaps if I didn't know any better I'd say it was alumni weekend around here!" Faragonda said.

"Faragonda! First, you have to deal with my insects! Swarm and attack!" Mandragora says and nothing happens.

"Are you talking about them?" Willow asks as she points to Mandragora's bugs subdued in her morphix bubbles.

"You'll pay for that!" Mandragora gnarled. 

"Squadd, begin!" Faragonda said and the Squadd try to attack Mandragora, but she keeps teleporting into different parts of the courtyard.

"Come on, Squadd! Focus! Converge!" Hajari said.

"Energy of Mother Nature!" Michael says as he wraps Mandragora up in vines.

"Technological Union!" Kajari says as rings of electricity surround Mandragora.

"Pure Enchanted Morphix!" Willow said as she creates a moat of pink water around Mandragora.

"Power of the Sun!" Hajarianna says as she shoots UV rays at Mandragora and weakens her energy.

"Power of Sound!" Musa says as she blasts music waves in Mandragora's ears and gives her a headache.

"Dragon Flame!" Hajari roared as fire surrounds Mandragora. "Ms. Faragonda, we got her!"

"Don't let go, Hajari. I don't know how you managed to crawl out of that dark pit, but by the power of all that is good and light, I order you return to the Abyss," Faragonda said as she blasts a spell at Mandragora.

"Hajari! Hajari! He's the one I was looking for!" Mandragora said as Faragonda makes her dematerialize. "This is not over!"

Ms. Faragonda faints and falls from the sky.

"Ms. Faragonda, no!" cries Hajari.

Hogan manages to capture her and all the Squadd form a circle around Hogan.

"Is she going to be alright?" asked Musa.

"She'll be fine. She just used up all her strength that's all," Hogan replied.

All the teachers walk up to the Squadd. Hajari looks around at the school and how the towers are broken off. Classroom windows are smashed, broken and students are alive, but with broken bones.

"Alfea, it's destroyed," said Hajari.

"A lot of students are severely injured," said Griselda.

"This is such a sad day for all of Alfea," said Palladium.

"Indeed it is," said Wiz-Kiz.