Chapter 8

The next day I wake up in a particularly bad mood. I walk groggily​ to my bathroom. Not bothering to look in the mirror I  force myself to have a cold shower. They always left me energized. Initially the cold sting was unbearable but worth it, nothing like a cold shower to leave you feeling  refreshed and brand spanking new. I wash my hair with my fruity shampoo and then conditioner. Wrapping myself in a fluffy towel I walk to the bathroom mirror brushing my teeth and combing through my hair after drying it. I groaned when I hit a snag. Quickly oiling it, I braided it into a single pony tail using some elastics to hold it together. Satisfied I quickly got dressed for school. I was still a little early but I wanted to avoid seeing Micheal and Caden had his car.  You might wonder why I don't  have a car when father could obviously afford it but fear is  a controlling bastard and losing someone close to you via a driving accident just breeds it in multiples. It was a challenge in and of itself being a passenger further more a driver. Hell no or not as yet. Having put on my school uniform, I then take up my bag pack heading down stairs. I was about to check the guest room for Caden but an unfamiliar scent greeted me from the kitchen. The only time that smell came from the kitchen I was behind it or father got a maid. My stomach rumbled and I diverted to the kitchen and what I saw surprised me for a moment. Caden was at the stove cooking and my Dad was sat at the table sipping from his coffee mug. He had a oversized plate infront of him. Pan cakes, eggs and bacon crowded his plate along with  bread rolls. The man was a horse.

I scoffed gaining their attention.

"Morning Dad,"I say eyeing his food. The way you eat you should be as big as a house." I saying not able to understand how he could eat so much.

"Cara,"Caden said. A top of the morning to yah."

I grinned over at him as he bowed. "Please have a seat."

I sit in my seat eagerly realizing how hungry I was before Caden proceeded to fill my plate also. Leaving out the eggs I wasn't a fan of fried egg and Caden knew this.

My father spoke quickly around a mouth full of pancakes.

"Morning honey you're up early."

" I could say the same about you," I said as I chewed my food.

He laughed . "I'm always up early hun you think this body maintains itself."

I looked at him confused. What body?"I asked feigning confusion.

He glared at me and I smirked in return. "Eat up you brat, Caden was nice enough to make breakfast," dad says glancing at him briefly a smile on his lips.

Caden looked away quickly not returning his smile hiding behind his in need of a cut blonde hair.

I grinned devouring the pancakes. I took up my glass of orange juice gulping it down. Dad had gotten a refill while I was on my first pancake. Seriously that man could eat. I was sipping on my orange juice when Dad eyes stuck above my head nodding at someone. I turn slightly in my chair and I wished I hadn't. A shirtless sweaty Micheal was walking past the kitchen obviously on his way from the gym.

Wow he was really built. Not that I wasn't aware of this fact before he left but alot could change. His stomach still resembled fine silk over steel so tightly carved from muscles it was, his bronze skin indented sexily with abs. I licked my lips before my eyes flickered up to his. He had a cool warning look in his eyes.

I turned around abruptly.
"Morning" he says to everyone.

"Morning," dad and Caden replies while I just nodded and pray he'd continue on his journey.

Several seconds pass and then a tan muscly arm rested on my shoulder right after which I was enveloped in the spicy scent native to Micheal amplified by his sweating. The same arm stole a piece of my pancake before it retracted brushing across my neck.

Through this all I was as still as a statue as Micheal stood over my chair munching on the piece of pancake.

"This is good," he said over my head and I glimpse his hand motioning to Caden.

I looked up at him then catching him licking his lips.

"But not as good as Cara's," he says sending me a none too discrete wink. I roll my eyes hiding a smile going back to my breakfast.

I then heard his foot fall as he retreated out of the kitchen and I breathed a sigh of relief. That man made me so tightly wound.

I went back to munching on my breakfast ignoring Caden's knowing smirk as he joined us at the table.

I sent him a warning glare to which he grinned. I rolled my eyes digging in.