Chapter 11

Relief flooded me and excitement before I force myself to quench it with anger.

However I did go with him as he continued to pull me. I suddenly felt a burst of cold air that was a welcome change cooling my heated body. I knew I was now outside.

"Wait I protest as I was still being dragged. I won't leave without Caden."

" Caden's in the car,"

"Oh," I say trying to meet Micheal eyes but he kept his firmly away from mine.

The car door was opened for me and I went inside.

Caden's outline was at the other side of the car. Sliding over closer to him I see Micheal send me a disapproving look through the mirror.

Placing my hand on Caden's arm I notice he flinches slightly.

"Why is he here?" I whisper so only Caden heard.

After a sniff he answered " I called him."

I look at him confused but I doubt he was seeing my face clearly. I had a lot of questions regarding that but decided to delay them until Caden and I was alone.

After driving for a short while we turned into a parking lot.

"Why were we at the hospital?" Now I was more confused.

****

  Apparently Caden had made a beginners mistake and eaten something that was laced. Luckily it wasn't anything serious and we were dismissed after the doctor had him examined.The ride home was a silent one. Caden laid in my lap as he slept while my fingers combed through his hair.

We were deposited at home by Micheal without a word. I hesitated by the car door as he didn't step out expecting him to at least say something, he didn't. He didn't even look at me. After a minute I walked off  pushing the front door and entering. Caden didn't make it up the stairs but was passed out sleeping on a sofa. This brings a smile to my face at how he's curled up like a baby. I get him a blanket and cover him up. Stumbling up to my room I land face first in my bed not even taking off my shoes. My brain was in over drive though too many things passing through it at once. Too much thoughts. I squeeze my fingers to my head trying to shut everything up but they continued pounding like a drum. Screaming in my pillow didn't help. I jump up and head to my father's liqour cabinet. It was in his office for a reason. Shoving inside I found the hidden latch easily. Not bothering to even pour a drink I turn a random bottle at my head. The red liquid burnt my throat and most of it came sputtering back up as I coughed and nearly choked. That's didn't stop me from taking another gulp though.

My eyes flutter open before focusing, I was in my room. I sat up too quickly and a wave of nausea hit me. Scrambling from the bed I run towards the bathroom puking my guts out. Even when my stomach was empty I was still hacking. When it finally subsided I stand on shaky legs leaning on the sink. It was definitely not worth it. I scoured my mouth using toothbrush,toothpaste and mouthwash until I could no longer taste the after effects of whatever bad choices I'd made. Throwing away the toothbrush I stepped into the shower.

My hair stunk though. I had a warm shower and washed my hair before dressing. Looking at the clock it told me it was 10. Luckily it was a Saturday. My memory from last night was a bit hazy. I was however starving now that my stomach was empty. Twisting my  hair into a ponytail and checking my appearance one last time I head down stairs.