Chapter 10

There were several outfit on the bed. Caden was ready ages ago while I was still pulling out outfits. The gift of being male.

He laid on his back on my bed playing a game on his phone. I sent a jeans smacking him in his face.

It was going on eight and this party was supposedly starting around seven.

"Caden I thought you were supposed to help me find something to wear." He rolls his eyes in answer still ignoring me.

It didn't take any convincing for my Dad to allow me to go to the party. He just told me to be careful and get my own drink. I hadn't seen Micheal when I got home. I asked my Dad where he was and he told me, Micheal had a family emergency and was away. That's why I wasn't seeing much of him.

"What?" I had blurted out. Here I was trying to avoid him and I was most likely the farthest thing from his mind. I further asked my Dad if he knew who it was and he shakes his head. He did say Micheal was going to be back for a charity dinner he was attending though as he was also speaking at said function.

"It's just a regular party Cara," Caden sighs before getting up. What would you do without me?" he teases before selecting an outfit from the mountain of clothes I'd discarded on my bed.

Pouting I grab them from him before dashing to the bathroom to get ready.

I bent down pulling on my white boots and checked to make sure my ass wasn't visible. I was wearing thigh high leather skirt and a sheer white top which made my white bra visible. Putting in a pair of diamond earrings and not bothering with make up I moisturised my face swiping on some light lip gloss.

I pulled my hair which had been curled earlier on top of my head with a clip. A few unruly strands fell down gracing my neck.

I smiled at my self in the mirror. I had a nice enough body, curvy without being plump thanks to my routine runs.

"Damn," Caden says jumping up and giving my hand a kiss before giving a bow. "Very sexy"

Batting my eyelashes I smiled "why thank you handsome," Caden striked a pose.

"I know right."

Giving him a playful shove I put on my leather jacket shoving my phone in one of my two front pockets on my skirt. I wasn't carrying any purse. I had found my phone on my bedside table two mornings back. I didn't question it. Eyeing ourselves one last time. Caden took up his car keys.

"You're the designated driver tonight you know that right," I say patting his chest.

"Ha,like I ever drink." Caden says winking cheekily. His parents were still not back and they hadn't even called Caden to ask if he ate. I had a feeling he needed this tonight cause despite him not saying so he was worried about them.

"By the way, I say to him as we descended the stairs Francina is dead into you."

He turned his head slightly to me with a smirk as we descended the stairs . "She is?" He ask with a psuedo innocent expression.

Grinning "you sly devil you and you act so oblivious,"I say.

"Yeah I'm hoping she'll lose interest, I don't know."

"humans always want more what's unavailable," I say.

He grins and we share a knowing look before I left him to go bid my Dad later.

I walk into my Dad's study after knocking softly so as not to disturb any important calls. He's immersed in a sea of paper while tapping away at his laptop.

"Cara my darling you look..., he says looking away from his laptop briefly after I cleared my throat,

"Lovely,"he says finishing the pause with a forced smile. He probably didn't appreciate the length of my skirt but I didn't go out much so I guess he was playing nice.