03; party?

Today was the day of this glorious party Alicia was so thrilled about. It was also the day I would be going out publicly since my breakup.

I decided to put on my black crop top and burgundy mini skirt with my jelly shoes. For my makeup, I only lightly applied gloss and eyeliner and I let my thick hair fall in waves down my back.

After getting ready I dialed up Alicia. She was planning to arrive in fifteen minutes so I made my way downstairs. I grabbed my keys, and locked the door, standing on my porch awaiting her arrival.

It wasn’t long before she showed.

We exchanged our long awaited greetings and I hopped in the passengers seat of her car, buckling up.

“So tell me a little bit about this Jeff guy.” I began before she shower me with questions about Alec.

She was so excited, she nearly burst.

“Well he’s pretty cute and get this, he’s twenty-eight.”

“You love your men old.” I laughed jokingly.

“Hey! He’s not that much older.”

Our laughter filled the car the entire ride.

Alicia turned down a street I was unfamiliar with and as soon as we rounded another corner, I was able to identify quickly which house the party was being hosted at.

The lot was flooding with cars, so we parked on the side of the drive. Once she shut off the engine I shot her a glance.

“Looks like a lot of people turned up and technically I wasn’t invited. You were.”

She rolled her eyes. “There’s no time for you to chicken out now, you’ll be fine.”

She was right.

After getting out of the car, I followed behind her and leading up to the door, I could hear the boom of loud rock music bleeding out of a sound system.

Alicia and I invited ourselves in.

The stench of pot filled the room of swaying bodies. People of all sorts were everywhere, some dancing, some drinking or smoking. Alicia latched onto my hand as we pushed our way through the crowd.

She took a pause and waved at a guy who I was assuming was Jeff. Jeff stood in a small circle with four other guys whose names I didn’t know.

Nervousness pierced through me as we approached them.

“Alicia. It’s so good to see you again.” I heard Jeff say.

“Yeah, of course.” She let go of my hand to greet him with a hug.

“Who’s this?” I heard a different voice say. I lifted my head.

“Oh, this is my friend, Delia.”

I took a good look.

His hair fell down in loose curls, shadowing his ocean blue eyes. His cheekbones were the most prominent of his features and were rosy with color. And his lips were plump and round, almost feminine in a soft pink.

I waved.

“It’s nice to meet you Delia.” His voice was a low tenor, soothing to the ears.

The three other guys nodded their heads at me and I wasn’t sure if it was a greeting or disapproval.

“Delia,” Jeff spoke. I turned my gaze his direction.

“This is Stone,” He pointed at the man with hazel toned eyes. “Mike,” He gestured at the skinnier one.
“Dave,” He said.