09; content

The morning sun began to rise, gleaming through the curtains. I cracked my eyes open, discovering that my head rested on Eddie's chest, his heartbeat thudding gently in my ear.

I stretched up to nuzzle my head in the crook of his neck, placing small kisses.

“Hmph,” He stirred in his sleep, blinking open his eyes. “I will never be able to get used to waking up next to your beautiful self.”

My heart flipped in my chest. He looked down at me, poking out his plump lips for me to kiss.

“What are your plans for today?” I asked him, pecking his cheek.

“Sadly my beauty, the guys and I have to put in time at the studio today starting at about an hour.”

He stroked my back softly. “But luckily we wrap up at 7. I will come back and see you later tonight though.” Eddie promised.

He embraced me tightly for the next forty-five minutes before getting up to put on his boots and get going. I hopped out of my now empty bed. Eddie opened his arms and scooped me up and off of my feet. I wrapped my legs around his waist.

“I miss you already.” I pouted my lips out at him.

He kissed me tenderly. “I’ll miss you too baby. I’ll be back later, okay?”

“Okay.” I replied simply and he set me back down.

He blew me a kiss before he left the room. I heard the sound of his footsteps and then the door opening and shutting.

I couldn’t bear to watch anymore MTV for the day, so I called Alicia and invited her over.

“So what’s been up with you lately?” She asked, poking me in the arm, smiling.

“Eddie and I are dating.” I said simply, awaiting her outrageous reaction.

Alicia squealed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“I’m happy for you.” I could hear the sincerity in her voice. I thanked her, and after she filled me in on fresh details about her and Jeff, the brief conversation about our significant others ended.

Shit,” Alicia huffed.

“What is it?” I raised my eyebrows in her direction.
“I’ve got work in fifteen.”

“Work?” I repeated.

“Yeah. I just picked up a job at the cafe downtown.” I nodded.

“Sorry to bail on you, D.” She apologized.

“No, it’s fine.” I faked a smile.

“I’ll catch you later.” She gave me a squeeze before she headed downstairs, leaving me alone to my boring apartment.

There was nothing else to do now, so I resorted to MTV at last. The day dragged, and finally it was close to time for Eddie to be making his way back from the studio.

I heard my front door open from upstairs hesitantly.

“Delia.” Eddie called out in a sing-song voice. His footsteps crescendoed up the stairs and I was met with his handsome face again.

Hopping out of bed, I stood to approach him. “Hi baby,” He spoke, his strong hands lifting me up onto his waist. I could not get enough of this man.

He eagerly connected his lips with mine and he squeezed my butt, causing me to gasp and part my lips. He slid his tongue in my mouth, easily dominating mine.

Before things got any more heated than they should have, I forced him to release his grip on me.

“You can’t tease me like that. It’s unfair.” He plopped down on my bed and I sat beside him.

“How was the studio?” I asked, switching topics.

“Well we got five songs recorded today. It gets tiring singing the same ones over and over until they think it’s perfect.” He said clearly annoyed.

“I’m sorry.” “Don’t apologize. At least now I get to spend time with my girl.”

I smiled. I would never get tired of being referred to as his girl. He fell back on the bed and cuddled me into him.

“I was thinking you could come over to my place tomorrow. The guys and I are gonna rep a couple of new songs and it’d be nice to have someone give us feedback.”

A smile spread across my lips. “I would be more than happy to.”

Eddie broke our embrace, standing up to remove his flannel and faded shirt. My eyes flickered across his toned chest before meeting eyes with him. He then sat at the edge of the bed, untying the laces of his Docs before pulling them off. A smirk pulled at the corners of my mouth as I realized he was staying another night.

“We can leave out tomorrow, but as for now I want nothing more but to be wrapped up in these sheets with you.” He said as he rejoined me in the bed, pulling me into his chest.

We talked for hours after. Eddie opened up to me about his abusive mother and the father he never had in his life. His mother waited until he was a young boy to tell him that the man he thought was his father actually wasn’t and that his real father had passed away previously. I held his hand as he spoke to me, seeing as it tore him up. His story devastated me and I showed my fullest sympathy. Although I knew Eddie wasn’t the type for pity, I couldn’t help myself. Afterwards it was silent. My eyes struggled to pry themselves open as Eddie rubbed circles along my back.

“Goodnight Delia.” He whispered, kissing my forehead gently.

“Goodnight Eddie.”

Sorry for the short, boring chapter. The good ones are in store.