twelve

Earth in the year 2763

"Welcome to... Earth" I laughed.

"There's... no way..."

"No, Wes, this is the future! I'm just so happy you get to see it, seeing as you'll never live long enough to see it, anyways."

"It's... beautiful," he said in awe.

"Yes, it is." We stood on what once was Panama City Beach in Florida, but, now, it's known as something entirely different.

"Wait, so, is the story of Valerian real?" Weston asked.

"No, sadly, that would be cool, but no, the story isn't real. The world still exists, so that's something to be thankful for. Laureline works not far from here, we better get going."

"This is amazing."

"Yes, and you'll get to see more, but here's what you need to know to survive here, blend in, and stuff: Your name is Jonathan Kahn and I am Jocelyn Osborn, we're 24 years old, and are agents for a secret, government service."

"Got it."

"Now I've been here before, and everything I told you is true here about me. I'm a friend of my daughter's. You're a new recruit and don't know the area. When I talk to someone, you say nothing, understand?"

"Yes ma'am," he teased.

"Good. We're going into town."

------

That's just a blip, but I think I'm going to write a spin off of this book. I'm thinking about the origins of her magic and the wizard/witch world that she is from. I think y'all will really like what I have in store. It's very... Harry Potter-esque.