Chapter 2

The rain was now raining hard outside as I can hear it hitting my roof and windows. I glanced out the window and saw thunder distantly rumbling in the dark grey sky. Returning my attention back to what was in front of me, I began picking up the bloody padding that I used to clean up his wound and threw it in the small trash can in my room as I finished bandaging his wound. It didn't look so bad right now. In fact, it looked like he was quickly healing.

"There." I said and propped my hands on my hips as I looked at my work and then I glanced back down at the large wolf lying on the ground.

My world shifted completely in just a matter of one hour. All my life, I have lived knowing that mythical creatures were not real and now everything changed. I was staring at a wolf that was a human and there was another one sitting on my bed. This was some crazy ass dream or I have gone delusional.

"You're starting to freak out." I heard his voice from the bed. I turned immediately to look at him. How he knows me so well, that I don't know but he was right. I was freaking out slowly as reality sets in.

"Why can't I? I just patched up a man who can change into a wolf. What I thought was not real is real." I muttered as I threw more padding into the trash can.

I was about to turn back and clean up some more when I saw how stiff he was. His eyes were looking distant and far before his head snapped towards me. He stood up immediately and in seconds he was next to me where he grabbed my shoulder.

"Listen, Deidre, we have to move. You are no longer safe here."

"What? No. This is my home. I am not going any-"I began as I pushed his hand off my shoulder. It didn't budge.

"There is no time for me to explain this!" He shouted exasperated with me. His eyes were looking at me angrily.

"There is no explaining anything. I am not going and that's final." I retorted back. Who was he to order me around? He was a stranger.

"Damn it, Deidre!" He growled out. He gripped my shoulders with both of his large hands.

"Do you want another one of that-"He pointed with his finger at the dead wolf on the floor. "To come here while you and I are here."

I glanced at the ground and then back up at him and shook my head. He nodded as he liked my answer. He moved to cup my cheeks as he looked me straight in the eyes as he spoke.

"I need you to leave with me, little moon. You can't stay here any longer. You are not safe." He said urgently but gently. "I am sorry."

"But my chickens..." I began and he rolled his eyes.

"We really don't have the time to stress about the chickens right now, Deidre." He scolded me.

"But-"

"Damn it, Deidre. I will have someone come take care of them." He snapped angrily.

Just then we heard growling and snarling coming from the front of my house and pounding of paws entering my home and quickly making its way toward the bedroom. He swore under his breath and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards my bedroom window. He grabbed a shirt that was nearby and wrapped it around his left hand and punched the glass window. He made sure to get rid of all the glasses before turning back to me.

"We have to leave now." He ordered and I nodded. I was not going to stay and it seemed the best option was to stay with him.

I made my way out the window and he followed me. In his pocket he pulled out a bottle where he sprayed me down. When he looked back up at me he spoke, "It is a masking spray. I have to mask your scent to lose them. Now get on my back. I am a lot faster than you and it will better if we had more distance between them and us."