Chapter 8

I awoke to voices speaking adamantly to each other. Both are voices that I recognized and they were whispering to not wake me up. The familiar smell of Invictus wrapped around me quickly and all my senses began to heighten but I urged my heart rate to slow as I eavesdropped.

"You have no right!" Invictus's angrily growled out.

"I didn't realize she was yours. She's a pretty little thing." A voice I recognized as Akoni came.

"Stay away from her." Invictus threatened lowly. I heard a few shuffling before they spoke up again.

"Why? Are you going to mark her? Make her yours?" Akoni asked.

"That is none of your business." Invictus retorted.

"It is because if you aren't going to mark her that means she's fr-"I heard shuffling again followed by grunts.

"Don't forget, Invictus. You have Elena to keep you warm in bed. You have no need for-"Another punch and grunts following.

Elena? Was that the woman from earlier? Jealousy roared through me again.

"Stay away from her, Akoni. I don't need you meddling in my business." Invictus warned him.

"I'll see about it." Akoni taunted.

Who was he to order people to stay away from me? If I want to make friends, I should be allowed to. I shouldn't have to only wait on him. He was being completely unfair.

I pretended to slowly shift in bed to let them know I was waking up. My breathing picked up and I fluttered my eyes open to look around the room.

It was just as fine and elegant as the palace. The room was huge with white marble flooring and walls. Elegant paintings hung from the walls and a big fireplace was across the bed. At the edge of the bed stood the two twins staring at me intently as I looked around the room. Akoni looked cheek was pink and I assumed it was from the punches Invictus gave him.

"And the princess is awake." Akoni teased which earned himself a glare from Invictus.

"Whose room am I in?" I asked.

"Mine." Invictus replied immediately. His face was still dark with anger.

My eyes moved between them both. Now that they are side by side I can see there was a slight difference. Invictus was about two inches taller than Akoni. Akoni was a little more slender than Invictus but they both were muscularly built.

Invictus moved to the left side of the bed where he put his hand out for me to take. I sniffed in distaste as the image of him kissing the blondie earlier appeared in my mind. Deciding against needing his help in getting out of bed, I slipped out on the opposite end. Akoni moved to stand on that side as he waited for me.

"Now that you are over your initial shock, maybe we can go downstairs." Akoni said with a smile. Invictus growled angrily behind me again. I huffed and placed my hand in Akoni's awaiting hand.

In a flash I saw Invictus disappeared from us and out the door. A part of me was saddened that he had left but the rebellious part of me didn't give a care if he did. I wanted to burn him alive for treating me like a weakling. As if I wasn't worthy enough to be his mate and for him to kiss another woman in front of me.

Akoni placed his other hand over my hand as he led me down the stairs. "Come. It is almost time for breakfast. You slept the whole night through."

"It must be from the plane and the time zone." I replied back dryly. I didn't feel the familiar spark I did with Invictus but I did feel comfortable around Akoni. He was more laid back.