Chapter 14

I awoke to myself sleeping alone. Now, I am downstairs eating cereal as I stared out the window at the world in front of me. I can see everything differently through these new pairs of eyes. It still continued to amaze me. I think out of everything, I liked the idea of having faster speed.

After I finished eating, I washed my bowl and walked around the palace. It was an attempt to find Invictus but I had no clue where he was. He said he will return but he didn't. I think I wondered almost for a good thirty minutes to an hour before I gave up and try to make my way back.

Now, if I thought finding Invictus was hard, finding my way back was harder. I somehow wondered deeper into the palace, a part I don't recall seeing before. I knew instantly I was lost.

Walking down I saw a wooden door. I moved to open it to see what was on the other side. It was a pair of spiraling cemented staircase. Curious now, I moved up the steps, the door closing behind me with a snap. I moved back to the door knob to open the door but it locked on me.

Oh dear.

This isn't good.

I knocked on the door. "Hello? Anybody behind this door? Can someone please open? I think I am locked on the other side."

After ten minutes of just knocking and talking to myself I gave up and took the steps up several flights until it reached an opening like a balcony. I was so high on top of the palace. The height scared the crap out of me but the scene was beautiful.

The trees and vast land was beautiful. The sky was in different shades of colors as the sun was rising. It was breathlessly beautiful. I moved closer to the edge as I grip the balcony and leaned forward slightly. I grew a little tipsy as I Looked down.

"Yep, it is definitely high." I muttered as I took a step back and moved to sit on the far corner of the balcony, closest to the wall. I stared out at the sky and wondered if anyone would find me. If they can't, would I die out of hunger out here?

I sighed and lay down on the ground completely. My hands resting on my stomach as I looked at the clouds.

"The good thing is I ate before I got lost." I said to myself.

I think I sat outside waiting for hours and when the sun was high in the sky, I decided to head back down to wait by the door. I kept knocking and calling out once every so often. I was sure it was past noon now and still no one could find me or are they even looking?

"Somebody! Anybody! I'm hungry!" I shouted as I knocked on the door again. These lycan genes kept me appetite up.

I heard footsteps and loud voices. My hopes soared and I began knocking harder. The footsteps came closer and soon stopped right in front of my door as it whipped open to reveal a furious looking Invictus and a worried looking Akoni. They both were glaring at me.

"I got lost." I mumbled.

"You-I am-goddess-"Invictus spoke in broken sentences as he doesn't know what to say to me. "You drive me insane."

He was throwing knives at me with his eyes. Tears began to well up in my eyes and I pushed against his chest.

"Well you are an idiot!" I replied angrily back. My temper flew to tremendous amounts. I felt like I can stomp my feet and the ground would break apart under me. If I was a cartoon, steam will come out of my ears.

"How am I an idiot? You are the one who got lost." He growled out. "Do you know how long we were looking for you? What we thought happened to you?"

"It wasn't my fault! I don't know my way around this place." I responded back as I pushed against his chest and tried to run away from him. He gripped my elbows tighter and pulled me closer to his body.

"Stop fighting." He commanded.

I wish I can. I knew I was being unreasonable but I wasn't able to contain my emotions. I felt like I was on my period and being a hormonal crazy woman. I struggled in his embrace until he let out another growl and threw my arms over his shoulder and then hoisted me up over him.

"Ok, I think this is my cue to leave." Akoni mumbled.

"Don't leave me with this idiot." I called out.

"Stop moving, Deidre. You will fall if you don't listen." He threatened. I pounded at his back.

"I do not like to be manhandled." I responded.

He walked us over to a small couch in the hallway he placed me down and then knelt in front of me. I tried to get up but he pushed me back down.

"Stop." He ordered. His voice indicated that he was running out of patience.

I crossed my arms and glared at him. He sighed and then ran a hand through his hair.

"You need to stop running off like this, Deidre. I can't always be there for you." He replied.

"I am not running off. I was in your palace. Plus, I was on your fvcking land when I got attacked by your crazed uncle." I said.

His eyes turned black and his lips tightened into a thin line. He stood up and took a step back. His stance was rigid.

"I am not going to talk to you when you are like this. You can find your way back by going down the stairs behind me. I am leaving for a couple of days with Marc and Caden." He said without emotions before turning and disappearing in front of me.

Tears welled up in my eyes. My emotions were going crazy right now but I felt torn. A part of me was still very angry at him and a part of me wanted him not to leave me. I glanced at the direction he left and then allowed my tears to fall as I sobbed.

This place was too much for me. I felt so alone being surrounded by thousands of years old lycans.