Chapter 7

To say I was surprise was an understatement. I was continually kept out of the loops and I feel like Invictus takes fun in slapping information in my face. I was angry and at the same time I was scared out of my mind. The soldiers wore sleek white uniforms with a red and blue sash that ran across their chest. Medals hung from their chest. They all looked dangerous.

They all straightened up when they saw Invictus emerged. Invictus walked to my side and placed a hand on my elbow. Caden quickly took away his arm. I wanted to scream and shout. I wanted him to let me go so I can run away but instead I remained quiet and allowed him to walk up to another man who stood tall and powerful. His hair was the same auburn color as Invictus except it was just a tad duller in color but his facial features mirrored Invictus. He nodded his head at Invictus when we approached.

"Welcome home, son." He spoke before pulling Invictus into a hug.

I tugged on my arm for Invictus to let go but he held on tight. When they were done he pulled back completely.

"Deidre this is my father, Simon. He is the Lycan King. My mother is back at the palace." He started as he looked at me with no emotions before turning back to his father. "Father, this is Deidre. She's human."

I pursed my lips. Did he really have to tell everyone? I felt like I was handicapped just because I was human. His father's eyes moved to me and I saw that it was the same murky green eyes that Invictus had.

"Deidre." Simon spoke before he smiled. "It is nice to meet you. Although, I am wondering why my son decided to bring home a human after years of him disappearing."

I scoffed out loud and then I was appalled at my bad reaction. I lowered my head. "I am sorry. I did not mean to be disrespectful. It was just that I was also wondering the same thing."

Simon frowned and then glanced back at Invictus. "Don't tell me you kidnap the poor girl?"

Max and Caden snickered behind us and Marc sent a hit to the back of their heads.

"No. I will explain once we get inside the palace." Invictus simply said and although his father was reluctant he decided to let it go.

We were directed into a luxurious car where Simon sat in the front seat with the driver and Invictus and I sat in the back. I scooted far away from Invictus and as close as I can to the window as I can. I clung onto the door handle as if it was my life.

"Why are you sitting so far away from me?" He asked.

"I am not." I replied back with my chin in the air. I continued to look straight ahead. I heard him huff before turning to look ahead too.

We passed through thick masses of trees that stood high for a couple of miles until we reached a high marble gate. When we reached the entrance the large metal gate slowly opened allowing us entrance. My palms began to sweat like I was dipping them in water. I released the door handle finally to run them along my thighs. My heart rate picked up speed.

I was nervous and scared.

I looked ahead as we drove up the black pavement. Slowly, a building began to peek out from behind the trees. I took a sharp intake of breath as I saw how humongous it was. The house was completely made out of bricks and intricate window designs. Bronze sculptures lined the wall. The front had round arches roof each beautifully even. At the very tip of the castles were bronze like domes. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

I didn't realize I stopped all my movements until I heard a throat clearing. I glanced around to see Invictus looking at me intently. I coughed a little and sniffled before turning towards my door where someone opened it for me. It felt so weird and awkward for someone to do it. I turned to see it was a young man dressed also fashionably.