Junkrat x Reader Part 4

It was about noon when you finally got out of surgery. Mercy had removed the bullet from your shoulder and stitched your wound. You woke up an hour after being set up in your own room where Mercy could watch you until you were ready to leave. Your shoulder still hurt quite a lot. You carefully sat up on your bed and looked around the hospital room at anything that caught your interest. There wasn't much in the room. A couple of pictures hung on the walls and there was a small tree in the corner of the room. You named it Steve.

After a short while of talking to "Steve" you heard a knock on the door. "Come in." The door opened and in walked Mercy, "Hello, N/A. How are you feeling?" You groan, "My shoulder hurts. This sucks."

"Now, now. Calm down. It is not all that bad. Be happy you're alive. The bullet could have gone through your head instead." she checked the machines to make sure everything was working correctly and then checked your stitches. You hissed in pain as she removed the bandages and put new ones on.

You looked around the room again to distract yourself while she worked on you. You saw a card in her pocket.

"Hey, Mercy. What's that?" you pointed to the card. She looked down to where you were pointing and then grabbed the card, "Oh yes. Junkrat made this for you and asked me to give it to you for him since i wasn't allowing anyone in here so you could rest." She handed it to you, "N/A...be careful around him. He isn't usually safe to be around. He can be a real problem." She finished her work and left to let you relax and rest.

You sat there quietly looking out the window. You thought about what she said. A problem? What does she mean? He is the nicest person I've met besides Tracer. You looked down at the card. It looked like it was made out of construction paper. There was a small paper you and a small paper Junkrat on the front You opened it and saw there was a small flower on the inside. It looks as if someone took a bite out of one of the petals. Did....did he...you decided to ignore the bitten petal and read what the card said, "Hiya, N/A! I heard you was sick so i made you this to help you get better! Roadie helped me with the writing part of this but i made the card myself! I got you a flower too! I kinda ate some of it though. I wanted to know what it tasted like...." Well that explains that. You examined the card and started at the small construction paper figures of you two on the front. You giggled and slightly blushed. "How sweet. He doesn't seem like a bad guy. Why is everyone so mean to him?"

-: The Next Day :-

You were finally out of the hospital ward. You felt great despite your injury. You decided to find Junkrat and help him out with whatever he needed help with since you couldn't do it the day before. You searched everywhere but you couldn't find him. Weird.

You decided that maybe he was in his room. You somehow forgot to check there. You walked to his room and gently knocked on the door. You heard a gasp and you heard him trip and then you heard a small explosion as if someone lit a firework in his room. After a couple of seconds he finally opened the door, "Hello? What do you want? Who is it?" he looked as if he had just woken up. His hair was on fire more than usual and he was covered in ash. He rubbed his eyes and then looked at you. His tired expression turned into a huge grin as he pulled you into a hug, "N/A! You're alive!" You hugged him back and gently moved him away from your shoulder, "Am i supposed to be dead or something?" He laughed and pulled you into his room. In the corner by the end of his bed is where the explosion must have come from. There was a big black area and broken parts and other miscellaneous objects scattered all over the place. He kicked stuff under his bed, "Sorry about that. I was snoozin' away and your knock scared me. Set off a bomb i forgot was there when i kicked it." You looked at him worried that he may have been hurt. You begin to check if he was okay and he seemed fine surprisingly. He grabbed your hands so you would stop checking if he was alright, "Don't worry about me I'm alright. Winston fixed these bombs up so they wouldn't hurt me. Not a big fan of the idea to be honest."

This guy is a madman. You sigh in relief and look up at him, making eye contact. You stared at his eyes for what seemed like hours. They looked so pretty the way they were colored.

He then gave a sly smirk, "Are you checking me out or something?" That made your cheeks go red, "W-What?! No! I would never!" He chuckled, "Calm down, mate, I'm just pulling your strings." You crossed your arms, turned away, and pouted. Your cheeks were still a little pink. He reached from behind you and poked your cheeks, making a fart sound with his mouth as he did. That made you laugh a bit. You rolled your eyes, "You are one strange dude." He smiled and bowed, "Why thank you. I do my best." This made you laugh again. He grinned knowing he was making you laugh a lot. "Wow. Nobody ever really laughs at my jokes."

"Well then they have a horrible sense of humor." You playfully punched his arm. "Oh right. Do you still need my help in your workshop?" Junkrat thought for a second and then shook his head, "No i don't think so. I dont wanna push you. Your shoulder looks mighty painful." You nodded, "It does still kinda hurt. Alright then if you don't need help I'll just get goin-"

"No!" Junkrat yelled so loud you thought you were going deaf. He was blushing as he cleared his throat and continued, "I-I mean...if you want we can still hang out...wanna watch movies with me?" he pointed to the tv that was on the wall.

You thought about it and then nodded and smiled, "Sure. I'd love to."