chapter two

School was not some place Harry enjoyed being, despite how much he excelled in his classes. Mainly the problem was the other students, who seemed to torment Harry just because of his existence. Though throughout the years of the verbal harassment, Harry learned to somewhat tolerate the hateful words being thrown at him, and found ways to avoid them as well.

Usually his best bet was to hang around the staff members or become glued to Louis's side. Because no matter how much the students hated him, they wouldn't dare mess with Harry when Louis was around.

Louis earned the big brother role ever since Harry and him laid eyes on each other. Their eleven year long friendship consisted of Louis practically being a bodyguard whilst Harry kept Louis out of trouble as much as he could; which at times became very difficult. Especially since Louis hung out with a lot of idiots.

It was early Monday morning, and like most teenagers, Harry was tired and dreading the long week waiting for him; in the form of three quizzes, a test in Calculus, and a paper due in World History on William Dampier, which was a name Harry had never heard of, until given the assignment.

Standing in front of the row of lockers, Harry went to grab the three binders, meant for his beginning classes, before having the locker slammed in his face, nearly resulting in the loss of his fingers.

"Hey fairy, where's your boyfriend?"

Harry sucked in his lips, before inhaling a deep breath. "I'm not sure. I'm not the one that drives with him to school, am I?" Harry asked, staring at the blue eyed teen. Though his voice was filled with bitterness, Harry was far too conserved to say anything actually rude.

Calvin Rodgers was one of those idiots Louis liked to spend his time with. And one of the most obnoxious people Harry had ever encountered. It was like he was the little devil hovering over Louis's shoulder, while Harry was the angel. He was constantly influencing the worse in Louis's behavior and believed Harry was the dullest person on the face of the Earth for always, in his own words, 'acting like a pussy.'

Calvin raised his eyebrows, a smirk forming. "Damn, fairy's a little snarky today," he stated, making the two boys behind him laugh, while Harry groaned.

Ever since he was introduced to Louis's group of friends at the age of thirteen, he'd been given that stupid nickname which literally made no sense to him. Louis once tried to explain how it was a joke over how feminine he was, which only resulted in Harry crying; proven the nickname to be more effective.

Realizing he wasn't going to get a response out of the smaller lad, Calvin continued. "He had to check on Eleanor, she wasn't answering him or some stupid shit like that; I got a ride from Oli."

"Well, I haven't seen him," Harry stated, readjusting his bag, as he went to open his locker again.

"Awe, do you not like talking to me? I thought we were friends." The fakeness of sympathy in his voice made Harry want to slap the older teen so hard across the face.

    "Calvin, I just want to get my stuff and get to class," Harry explained, stuffing the binders in his bag, before closing his locker and turning to walk away.

    Just as he was about to escape the moronic teens, a tug on his bag caused him to fling backwards, giving Calvin a tightening grip around the curly haired boy.

    "Listen here, fairy," Calvin whispered. "I get you don't like me, and trust me the feeling's mutual, but if I have to deal with your twink of an arse, then you have to pull that stick out of it and lighten up a bit."

    "You being a dick, Cal?"

    Both boys turned their heads to see their best friend walking towards them through the crowd of people, his arm slung carelessly around the petite waist belonging to his girlfriend.