chapter nine

hey look, i remembered i had a wattpad account. sorry guys, college started so i've been crazy busy, so this chapter isn't the best; no harry scenes :/ but in two-to-three chapters it will be what you guys came here for, so please be patient. i should have more time to write soon, after midterms and when winter break comes around. sending love to all.

disclaimer: this may be triggering. not just because of what happens, but also this is unedited.

"Look, all I'm saying is that there are two of us and one of him. When he comes down, we can jump him and-"

    "That's stupid."

    "Will you just hear me out?"

    "No, because it's stupid."

    "For fuck's sake, Luke!"

    If Niall wasn't so low on energy, he would've strangled the boy in front of him. Two weeks, or was it three? He stopped asking Luke the time a few days back. Actually him and Luke seemed to have stopped talking in general. Aside from Niall trying to communicate with his classmate, most of the days were quiet. And it was because of Luke.

    Luke didn't want to speak. He didn't want to do anything. He was done. Done with everything. If someone came in and threatened to put a bullet in his head, he would offer to pull the trigger. He had shut down, physically, emotionally, and mentally. And that terrified Niall.

    Niall, who still had hope, was afraid of Luke's current state. Not just because he was an overall caring lad, but because he was concerned about his survival. He believed there was an actual chance they could both make it out alive. If only Luke would listen.

    Niall sighed heavily, running a hand through a greasy coat of his hair. Though he'd smelled foul and his teeth definitely needed a good brushing, personal hygiene was the least of his concerns. Moving closer, sliding against the dusted concrete floor, he sat in front of Luke, whose legs were spreaded out, his head leaning against the wall.

    "Luke, you have to listen to me. We need to get out of here. We are going to get out of here. But I can't do this on my own."

    Niall tried to make eye contact with the boy, but Luke only stared at the wall behind him, a blank expression on his face, as he kept quiet.

    "Please, Luke. I need you."

    Niall was trying to get something, anything, out of the blue-eyed boy. Any type of reaction just to show that he wasn't completely gone. But Niall didn't know what they boy had gone through. Not really anyone could know. Luke was broken. From the first day being captive, his innocence had been taking away. His hopes of graduating, moving on with his life had been forgotten.

    Slowly, Luke opened his mouth. "Niall, I-"

    "Luke, I'm begging you." Niall decided to take a shot. Slowly reaching out, he gripped the blonde's hand, holding tightly with the very little strength he could show. Luke still appeared absent-minded, but now the sudden contact, made his eyes avert to  the one holding his warm hands. "I promise you, Luke, we'll get out of this. I promise you. But I need your help."

    A thick coating of silence filled the room, it was as if all the air had been sucked out and time had stopped. Niall prayed something would spark in Luke. Anything really. Just something to show that Luke wasn't completely defeated.

    "You promise?"

    "Promise."

    Slowly, but surely, Luke nodded, making Niall want to hug him tightly from joy. He didn't though, just nodded along side his classmate, with his blue eyes finally lighten from being in the dark for so long.

    Though the clattering above made both their hearts drops.

    Both boys made eye contact with each other, after looking up to the sound of the door being unlocked. Luke had a look in his eyes, one resembling when the same expression he had earlier. And the days before.

    "It's going to be alright," Niall assured, in a faint whisper.

    Luke appeared doubtful, be said nothing, only becoming blind from the new shining light entering the dim room.

    Boots connecting with metal material of the ladder was heard, as the man walked down; his silver hair looking dark from the lack of light. A white bag was crumpled in his hand, a cup carrier in the other, as he stepped down onto the gravel floor.

    "I got food," he said, his voice light, he tossed the bag to the side, and set the drinks down along with it. "Pumpkin, you eat first."

    Luke didn't hesitate, knowing better than not to. He sat down in the small corner, beginning to unwrap the chicken sandwich, before taking a bite. He wasn't clean about consuming his meal either; condiments falling from the the other side, after taken his first bite. But Luke, only wiped it up with the bun, before having another bite. He knew better than to waste food.

    Though Luke's sloppy eating was not something the other two in the room were focused on, rather each other. The man had his head tilted, staring at the Irish boy with an unreadable expression on his cold face. Niall tried not to coward under the looming gaze, but it was no surprise to anyone that he was intimidated.

    A hand snaked out, causing Niall to flinch against the cold wall. The man hesitated for only a brief second, before continuing, allowing his hand to connect to the side of the boy's shaken face.

    "You're so pretty, you know that?" the man questioned, his deep voice, barely above a whisper.

    Niall released a sharp rigid breath, letting his eyes close. His lips felt cracked, as glided his tongue over them to moisten their dryness. Niall was typically not someone who was scared of anything; he usually did things out of impulse, without truly thinking of the consequences. But Niall was not scared, he was terrified.

    It wasn't until a moment later, Niall reopened his eyes, having them widen as far as they could, feeling something harsh connect with his mouth.

    Daddy's eyes were closed, pulling at the side of Niall's face with a type grip, as his mouth latched onto the smaller lad's. His tongue continued poking against Niall's sealed lips, begging for entrance, but the blonde boy only refused.

    "Stop-" Niall's protests were shortened, when as soon as he opened his mouth, the older man slipped his tongue in, causing the boy to gag.

    Niall's mind went blank; all he wanted was to get the man off him, no matter what. When a failed attempt of a shove seemed useless, Niall didn't think twice about roughly biting down of the man's selfish tongue.

    The blonde lad's head shot to side, a sharp sting forming on the side of his face. It was so quick, that he couldn't process the man moving back, sending a hard slap against the boy's face.

    "Don't do that again," the man growled, cupping the boy's chin roughly, making eye contact.

    Something in the man's eyes turned dark, darker than usual; they were practically pitch black. Niall felt a kind of fear he had never endured before. It wasn't being afraid of the monsters under your bed, or going out at night with no source of light. It was the kind of fear of meeting the devil himself.

    "Stand up," the man ordered.

    "Wh-What?"

    "Stand up!"

    Letting his hands go down to the his arms, the bearded man yanked the boy up from his crotched position. If it wasn't for the strong hold, the boy could've sworn he would have collapsed. The man turned Niall around, know facing the dirty wall, blocking his vision from anything else in the room.

    It had gotten quiet; the kind of quiet where every hair on your neck straightens and goosebumps ride across your arms. The man pressed his body to Niall's, his hands resting on the boy's hips, his head crooked in the blonde's neck. Niall didn't dare speak a word, he didn't know what to say, or how to react. It became clear though, when the man began pulling down on the boy's jeans.