chapter seven

A few days had past and Harry was absolutely positive that Louis's mum hated him. From the first time she had seen the ink plastered permanently on her son's arm, a look of shock and disappointment flowed through her face. Harry debated if it was disappointment over her son or herself.

    It was Wednesday afternoon and it was a typical tradition for the two friends, including Louis's girlfriend, to go to the Miller's Diner, a well known establishment in their town, right after school. Mainly because on Wednesday's, the school served shrimp poppers, and nobody could stomach the day old cold seafood.

    "Fuck, this itches," Louis complained, lightly rubbing the outline of his tattoo, that was beginning to peel.

    "Don't scratch it!" Eleanor exclaimed, sitting next to her boyfriend in the booth. "You'll mess it up."

    "Thanks for the advice, Mum," Louis responded, with a roll of his eyes, as he finally left his arm alone.

    "Don't be a prick," the brunette warned, giving him a playful nudge on his arm.

    Harry just sat quietly, watching the couple across from him, as he drank his strawberry shake. They were seated in a booth, in the corner by the door, a large window next to them, with floral blue drapes hanging by the sides. The diner was fairly busy, with its usual customers of other high school students, and a few workers on their break, and about two elder couples having lunch.

    Though Eleanor was staying strong with her positivity, it wasn't hard to see there was something off with her. Niall had been missing for almost two weeks and the town was now getting suspicious. It wasn't like he ran away or anything of that sorts; there was no trace of him whatsoever. Nothing.

    From what people had learned from the media and what the police gave was that on Thursday night, Niall had told his mum that he was going to meet up with a friend by a convenience store a few blocks from where he lived. Though the security cameras caught no sight of him and the last time he was seen was walking out of the front door of his home. It just seemed like he disappeared.

    Earlier today there was an announcement in the school encouraging the students that if they had any information to come forth so they could report it to the police. Though there were flyers starting to pop up and Niall's lockers beginning to be decorated in flowers, along with 'Miss You,' and 'I Hope You're Okay,' cards, no one really cared. The same with Luke. After learning of his suicide, his locker was filled with pictures, cards, flowers; it even covered the lockers around it. And that was when Michael Clifford got his first suspension for ripping them down.

    Eleanor did the best she could, informing the police with what she knew and keeping in touch with Niall's mum, but after that, there really wasn't much else. All she could do was sit and wait. She was growing weary, but she couldn't let her mood worsen. She had to hope for the best.

    Turning around in the booth, she unlocked her phone, before hovering it above her head. "Harry, come be in my snap," she told the boy sitting across from her.

    Moving closer to window to become more apparent in the picture, Harry smiled widely, as the black and white dog filter showed up on his face. Satisfied with the picture, Eleanor turned back around, sending it to her story.

    Though Harry was still weary without Louis by him, he began to grow comfortable around Eleanor and a few of her friends. They were the popular girls that were actually sweet. While some of the girls only put on a fake face around him, others were genuinely kind and always tried to include Harry in their clique when Louis wasn't around. Eleanor was simply a nice person.