chapter ten

Harry peeked over the railing from his seat, wondering if the fall would kill him. He nervously rubbed his sweaty palms against his jeans, tapping his foot in a fidgety manner. He felt like he was going to vomit for the third time this night; whether the feeling for this one came from the overbearing scent of movie theatre popcorn or the pretty brunette next to him, he'd never know.

Harry didn't know why he agreed to this, he didn't know why Louis invited him, but it was apparently to help him get out of the shell he wanted to desperately crawl back into. Louis and Eleanor had made plans awhile back to see the new horror film on its opening date, another reason Harry didn't want to go, and when Eleanor thought it would be such a wonderful idea to bring a friend of hers and Louis decided to bring Harry.

Harry had seen this particular friend a couple times around Eleanor, she was also in a few of his classes. She was one of the girls that never gave him a dirty a look when Eleanor invited him around.

Ariana was an adorable little junior, who could have easily passed off as a freshman because of her petite frame. Her and Eleanor met from both participating in the school's committee, when she was just a freshman at the time. Although they were in the same grade, Harry never really had a conversation with the girl, it was a surprise Ariana even knew his name. She had such an energetic personality, that honestly intimidated Harry.

But for once, she was quiet. She had stopped talking to her friend a few minutes ago, who was seated with her boyfriend in front of them, and any small talk she could think of was instantly shot down with Harry's nods.

Harry decided to peer over at the smaller lass, when she shuddered a bit. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, as the length of her curls rested against her bare arms.

"It's cold in here," Ariana noted, pressing her hands in between her legs, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

Harry only nodded, though couldn't say he agreed. Then again the boy was wearing jeans and a green zipped up jacket, whilst his date was only fitted into strapless floral top and black leggings. Nothing else was said, until a minute later into the advertisements, that's Harry's phone vibrated, signaling he had gotten a text from Louis.

'give her your jacket dumbass'

Harry looked back up, seeing the back of his friend's head, his hand moving up to place the popcorn in his mouth. How long had he been eavesdropping on the two? How could he even hear them through the chatter of the other movie goers coming into the theatre? Despite his speculations, Harry would never not take Louis's advice or orders.

Without saying a word, Harry slipped off his jacket, crumpling it up in his hand, and nudging it over to the petite girl.

Ariana gave both the jacket and the boy a questionable look, but quickly replaced it with a small smile, as she took the jacket and responded, with a quiet, "thank you."

Slipping the jacket over her smooth arms, she turned to the boy, letting her elbow rest on the holder. "So, are you thinking about going to homecoming?" she asked.

"I don't dance," Harry instantly answered, barely making eye contact with the girl.

"Well, you don't have to dance," Ariana explained, with a laugh. "We made sure there's games in the smaller gym you can play. There's also food."

Before Harry could respond, the lights dimmed, informing the crowd that the trailers were beginning. Harry sighed in relief, sitting back in his chair, hoping relaxation would come to him.

Although an hour into the movie, that was not the case.

Harry was a nervous, sweaty mess. He didn't know why his nerves were getting to him, they weren't even doing anything. They didn't even touch each other. They were simply watching a movie. But there he was, in the cold theatre, his throat dried, sweat dripping from his brow and clamming his hands, wishing for death. Harry glanced at the brunette, who seemed unfazed by his actions, solely focus on the graphic movie in front of her. For such a sweet girl, she seemed far too fascinated with horror films.