Introduction

I began to press the button for the elevator to come down, only to discover that a sign was posted earlier about it being out of order.

 I really couldn't stand this place, it seems like nothing was being fixed around here. The elevator had been like this for a month now and I still have to walk up these flight of stairs everyday after coming from school or work.

 If you didn't know by now, My name is Aaliyah Dana Haughton. But, everyone refers to me as just Liyah. There isn't very much to know about me except that I am seventeen years old and more than ready to graduate from High School.

 I stopped walking for one minute to catch my breath while still holding on to the paper brown bag that contained the food that I had gotten from the diner. Which was just fries and chicken covered all in hot sauce and ketchup. I just couldn't wait to eat since, this would be the first meal I would have eaten today.

 My mother would hardly ever cook.

  I started to dig in one of my pockets for my keys that I would need to need open the door with

 I started to dig in one of my pockets for my keys that I would need to need open the door with. When I finally found them, I opened the door and walk inside. Nobody was home or so I thought.

 I turned on the lights in the kitchen and put my food on top of the counter. Taking it out of the bag and putting it into the microwave for 30 seconds.

  " You need to tell your boyfriend to stop blowing up the phone. " I heard my brother say coming out of his room.

  " Who are you talking about? " I asked facing him

 " Devanté. " He replied.

 " That isn't my boyfriend. We are just really good friends, Did you even ask what he wanted when he called? " I carefully took my food out of the microwave trying not to burn myself.

 " Aaliyah, you don't need to be talking to him at all. " Jadyn said.

 " Since, when do you ever worry about who I talk to? " I rolled my eyes.

 " I really don't want him to end up hurting you. You're still my little sister and I care about you very much. " He sighed.

 But, we've been friends for years? Would Devanté really hurt me?

  What do you guys think about this book so far?   Do you like it?

 Do you like it?

 Just tell me in the comments and please don't forget to vote and share.