Chapter 15

It was a Saturday afternoon, Me and Jasmine decided to get our nails done today. I had gotten a new set of nails and a pedicure. Jasmine had just gotten her feet done since, she couldn't wear any nail polish on her job. Instead of me picking a dark color such as black or burgundy. I had gotten clear pink and Jasmine went for this mint green polish.

I was sitting on the couch watching television eating some twizzlers and I seen my mom walking into the room.

" You remind me of myself when I was pregnant for the first time with your brother. " She said.

" I thought you were still upset with me. " I responded.

" I am. But, I've realized that maybe I have been a little harsh on you. But, you need to understand that I didn't want you to go through hard times like I went through trying to raise two kids, when I was still young myself. I wanted you to get your education first. " She said.

" I'm still going to college after high school. It is just going to be a little harder with the baby. But, it's fine.. " I explained.

" Okay... But, don't be afraid to call and ask me how to change the baby or when she gets sick. " She said.

" I won't. " I smiled.

*

Feeling like I was about to break in half, I stopped pushing for a minute and closed my eyes wishing this part was over. Trying to breath in and out like the doctor told me.

" Aaliyah, you're doing great. I can see the head. I need you to push just one last time. " I heard Dr. Brown say.

It was just some of the doctor and some of the nurse's in the room, in case something happens. I was holding Deandre's hand while he was telling me that everything was going to be fine. Which I needed it because, I was crying and screaming the whole entire time saying, I couldn't do this.

Everyone else was in the waiting room to not make the room I was in to feel so crowded, which I hated it.

*

I remember pushing one last time and hearing the baby cries. I knew she was here, a little bit early than usual but, she still ended up being heathly. Just a little smaller than most infants since, she was premature. I had her in the middle of  July. Which was a surprise since, I thought it was a false alarm.

Now it was time to come up with a name.

🥀