Chapter 1

It was a dark gloomy day and looks as if it's about to start raining any minute. This was one of those days where you wished that you didn't have to get out of bed. Unfortunately, that wasn't a choice for me as I had missed enough days already. I made sure my flat iron was turned off and unplugged it from the wall.

   I begin to hear footsteps down the hallway while zipping up my backpack and putting it over my shoulder getting ready to leave. Before I could put my headphones on, my mother came in my room and starts examine what I had on.

   " Where do you think you're going looking like that? " She questioned.

   " I'm going to school like I always do. " I replied.

  " First of all, you need to actually put on some clothes and stop trying to be cute. It's cold outside and I don't want you to get sick, you're missing enough days already. and I wished you would just stop lying to me. How do you ever expect me to trust you when you're never where you are supposed to be? Next year things will be different, I won't be there to get you out of trouble. " She scolded.

   " But, I won't get into any trouble this time. I'll do better this time, I promise. " I sighed.

   " I'm serious Aaliyah. " She said.

   " I am too, bye. " I grabbed an apple and walk straight out the door knowing that I was going to probably be late now since, my mom decided this morning would be a great time to lecture me.

    Before I stepped outside, it had already started raining

   Before I stepped outside, it had already started raining. It was always times like this that reminded me that if I had my own car by now, I wouldn't be in these type of situations. Now my clothes were going to be soaked and my hair was going to look worse than it already does.

  I knew that I should had stayed in bed today.