Chapter 13

I think I've been the most happiest when staying just Friday night and all of Saturday over my boyfriend's house. I wish it could be like this all the time but, unfortunately it was Sunday morning and I had to go back home. Hopefully, my mom is in her right mind today.

I looked over at the alarm clock and it read, 6:58am. I didn't want to wake up Deandre. So, I tried getting out of the bed carefully and putting on my clothes I had up in my backpack.

" Are you trying to sneak out on me? " I heard him asked.

" I was going to write a note.. oh and before I forget, here is your shirt. " I said.

" I don't want you walking alone by yourself, Aaliyah. You're pregnant and I don't want anything to happen that cause, you to lose the baby. " He said.

" But, I didn't want to wake you up. I'm fine, don't worry. " I kissed him on his cheek.

" Look, just wait for me to get ready and I will drive you back home. " He said.

I sat back down on the bed and watched him get dressed. Which didn't take very long.. Thinking to myself that I better get started on my homework when I get back up to my room and after that I'm gonna call Sydney.

" I got your stuff, just get into the car. " He giving me the keys.

Once I was inside the car, I put on my seatbelt and started to put my hair up into a ponytail.

" You better call me later on and let me know that you are alright. " Deandre said.

" I will. " I said.

Before I got out, He gave me some money and made sure I gotten everythimg that was mine, out of the car.

" I love you. " I heard him say.

" Love you back and I promise, I'll let you know how I am doing later on. " I said.

*

" Mom, I'm back home. " I said, putting my stuff down on the couch.

" She isn't home yet. And why didn't you let me know what was going on? " Jadyn asked.

" I don't know Jadyn, it happened all too fast and Deandre was the first person that came to mind. " I said.

" But, I'm your big brother. You know that you can come to me for anything. Besides, I don't like him. " He said.

" Well, he is my boyfriend and the father of my baby. You need to get used to him being around because, I love him and I'm not gonna leave him because, you and mom don't care for him. " I explained.

" Why can't you see that having a baby is only going to make things worse for you? " He asked.

" Jadyn, all I know is that you're not the one who is pregnant. So, this is my decision and I'm the only one who this is going to effect. " I said.

" Look, I'm not saying you need to get rid of it. It is totally your decision but, I wish that you thought more about this. " He said.

" I have and it is getting out of here at the end of May. I'm tired of pretending  that everything is okay, when it isn't. " I told him.

I heard the front door slam and I seen my mom walked through the door. She was surprised to see me and acted like she didn't know why I was gone for so long.

*

" When you start drinking, you're not the same person. It's like you change and I don't like it. " I expressed.

" I'm sorry you feel like this. But, I really don't remember what went on here Friday. I'm just glad you are back home now. " She said.

" I wished you stopped doing this. It's really damaging our relationship, mom. "

🥀