Chapter 4

November 17, 1993

" I haven't seen you wear a dress since grandma passed away. " I heard a voice coming from behind me as I got ready for this date my boyfriend would take me on.

It couldn't be none other than my big brother who had made that comment, Jadyn.

" And this will probably be the last time you see me in one too. " I said.

" Don't say that, I still want to be the only person that gets to walk you down the aisle on your wedding day. " He replied.

" Who said I was ever getting married though? " I smirked.

" Hey, you never know. It could happen one of these days, you'll be surprised the things you said that you wouldn't do in the past and you end up doing those exact things. " He chuckled.

" I really do like Andre and I could see me and him being together for a long time. but, I can't see myself being married right away. You know, I still have goals that I would like accomplish such as going to college so, I can become a registered nurse. " I pointed out.

" I heard you sing in your room before, why not just go into the music industry. It could turn into you acting in movies and more. The world has plenty of doctors and nurses already. " He kissed his teeth.

" Now you know good and well, Momma would never go for that. She always wanted me to just go on to college and be able to do something that I could support myself in. Beside, singing is just my little hobby I like to do. " I said.

" I would just give it a thought. You have an amazing talent and you shouldn't keep it hidden from everyone. " He told me.

" Thanks but, all of my songs are still staying in the vault. Never to be seen or sung by anyone other than me. " I replied to him.

" But, who are you getting all dressed up for anyway? " He asked.

" Going out with Dre, He's taking me to this seafood restaurant downtown. I had forgot what it's called. " I began to brush my hair making sure everything was in it's right place.

" Dr. Dre? " He tried to joke.

" Shut up. " I playfully hit him on his chest with the small green towel that was sitting besides my nightstand.

" Fine, I'll leave you alone for now. " I grabbed my purse and began to head walk out of the door.

I couldn't recall what my brother had said to me minutes before but, at this point it really didn't matter. All I wanted to do was have a good time tonight since, it was the weekend and I didn't have to work until Sunday. The only part I disliked about this was, school started again back on Monday.

Well, This is all I've got. I had edited this chapter and decided to post it. Like, I said. I will be updating this story more and some new characters are coming to be included in the next chapter. If you want to suggest anything to me that you would like to see in this story, please tell me in the comments because, I need as much help as I can with coming up different ideas and things that you would like to see.

Thanks for reading! 👍🙌