Chapter 8

The next day, that following Monday. I had accidentally overslept for school, normally I would be there by 8:30am. Which is actually considered on time for me since, I live so far away and having to catch the bus to get there.

I had to rely on my cousin to pick me up. She always had Mondays off. Since, my mother didn't want to get up and drive me to school because, she was tired from working last night. Yet, complains when I had skipped or just didn't go. She gets in trouble and won't get her check. Like she doesn't already get money from my dad, that she doesn't even shares with me.

I'm not upset or anything about the situation but, soon I will be able to hopefully move out next fall into my own apartment. Me and my mom never really had the best relationship anyway, we seem to start drifting away when I turned fourteen.

" Don't be eating or opening anything to drink up in my car. I just got this new car and I don't want to messed it up. " Alisha explained before I even stepped into the passenger seat good enough.

" I wish you would stop tripping, Alisha. Look, you're the only one I know who isn't doing anything on Mondays. Everyone else is either at school or work. " I replied.

" Oh yeah, speaking of school. How is this year going for you? I know, you're more than ready to graduate. " She asked me while continuing to drive once I was settled in.

" Well, It's definitely a change from last year. I don't know if I told you or not but, it turns out that I am pregnant. " I announced.

" Wow, don't you think that is kind of young to be having a baby? You're just seventeen. I'm twenty-five and still not ready to take care of anyone besides, myself. " She laughs.

" I know I am probably too young but, if it is really meant to happen then, I guess I was going to have this baby regardless of what happened. But, the truth is that two months have gone by and I've been going along like I'm not pregnant. I'm not letting nothing stop me from graduating on time. " I said.

" That's good. So, have you thought of any names yet? " Alisha asked.

" Not really. I can't really think straight right now. I'm still trying see how did I slip up. My mom and I used to have a great relationship. Now, it's like we hardly even speak anymore unless, she wants something. I can't wait until, I get out of her house. " I said.

" She will eventually start to come around. Besides, I know you're not the only one in your school who do not already have kids or pregnant. " She said.

" Well, I guess you're right. I'm just ready for her to stop tripping already. Don't get me wrong, I love her and all but, she needs to stop telling me what I need to do. It's my decision. " I sighed.

" Whatever you decide to, I know that you will be a good mommy. " She smiled.

" Thanks girl. " I said.

" But, when you going to let me do something to your hair? " She asked me as she started to play in my hair.

" Don't start, I'm going to take it down tonight. It's just new growth, I guess. Plus, I've been too tired to deal with all that. " I replied.

" Well, we're here. I guess, you better go to class. Do you need me to come in? " She asked.

" No, I'm fine. But, thanks. I'll see you later on. " I replied, closing the door after grabbing my backpack.

When I walked inside the school, the halls were crowded, I could tell everyone was going to the next class. So, I'm guessing that we were in 3rd period.

I know that this chapter is short. But, I will be updating again soon this week. So, please comment, share and vote. 💖😘