Chapter 1/Episode 1: After

(When you see music, don't play it until It says so, it makes the story better)
Start music

Friday, October 11th, 10:26 PM
"Max, you have to do it. It's the only way to stop the storm!" Says Chloe while shaking my shoulders.

"Fuck that, Chloe! You're too important to me! I don't want to lose you..."

"What about everyone that's going to die?! All of their lives are more important than my life! Max, I'm ready to make this sacrifice." She says with a tear falling down her right cheek, and another one starting to form on her left eye.

"Chloe, I can't make this choice...I just, can't."

"Max, I've made the choice for you." She says, handing me the picture of the blue butterfly. "Go back in time and, and-" She pauses for a minute, trying to hold back her tears. "Go back in time and don't save me from Nathan."

"I-I..." I start to cry. I can't help it, this is a literal 'life or death' situation.

"We have to be strong, for everyone in Arcadia Bay. Just promise you'll never forget me, Max."

"N-no!" I say still weeping. "I can't let you die, Chloe! I-I-I love you." It takes me a while to get through all of the emotions I am feeling to say these three words. There's a slight pause while Chloe registers what was just said. I look up at her face, which is hard, because when I look up the rain hits my face, and the rain that comes from a storm like this stings. Did I just say that? Do I actually mean it, or was it a spur of the moment thing? Now's not the time to think about this.

"Max, I love you too!" Chloe says, with multiple tears running down her face. Or maybe they're raindrops. I can't really tell. She wraps her arms around me and starts crying in my shoulder. I hug her back, crying myself. After about a minute we both let go of each other. I know what needs to happen. I know what Chloe really wants. I'm going to do what I think is right. It's all I really can do. The picture in my hands of the blue butterfly is soaked, but still visible. I walk to the edge of the cliff, and rip the wet picture. It flies over the edge, off into the bay. I know my destiny with Chloe involves more than just shooting bottles and saving her life a few times. There has to be more to our story, I just feel it. I walk back over to Chloe, who looks shaken up, but relieved that I kept her alive.

"That was hella brave of you to make that decision, Max."

"Chloe, I don't want to ever put you in a situation like that again!"

"I hope nothing like this happens again." Chloe says with a slight smile on her face. She looks scared, like when a baby doe is left alone for the first time. I've never seen Chloe like this before. She's usually a super tough punk girl. I guess this storm can take down even the mightiest of women.
..............
"Earth to Max? Dude, you spaced out again."

"Oh, sorry, I was just thinking."

"About how we should get to safety? Because that storm doesn't look like it's leaving. So Max, where should we go?"

Go into the lighthouse/Go to Chloe's truck (parked by lighthouse)
If lighthouse is chosen, go to Chapter 2
If Chloe's truck is chosen, go to chapter 3