Chapter 17

"Chloe!" I shout. Mark is holding Chloe at gunpoint. What the fuck!?

"Alright Maxine, don't come any closer, ok? I'll blow your friend's brains out if you do."

"My name is Max, not Maxine!"

"Why Max? You sound so much more like a lady when you go by Maxine. It sounds more...elegant. You could be like Rachel if you really tried, so perfect and beautiful."

"You shut the fuck up about Rachel!" Chloe yells.

"I'd suggest you shut up, as I am the one with the gun." He pushes the gun into Chloe's head even harder. "Now Max, do you have any weapons on you?"

"...No" I let out quietly.

"Well, I can believe that, as you would have already pulled it out by now, knowing you. From what I've observed, you tend to rush into things headfirst, without thinking. That can lead to bad outcomes for things, Max." I'm not going to listen to this motherfucker talk about me like this. "Do you, have your camera on you?" He says with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, why?" I ask aggressively.

"Well, you know my motto: Always take the shot."

"Wh-what?" I say quietly.

"Take the fucking picture you dumb bitch!" He yells. I pull the camera out of my bag and hold it up to my eye. The view starts to get blurry and my eyes start to get wet. Tears fall down my face as I press the button and let the flash escape the camera. I pull the camera away and see the picture print out. "So, how is it?" I take the picture out and look at it. It's terrible. I just want to shove it done his throat. I'm not a violent person, but Mark really deserves that shit. "So, is that one a keeper?"

"You're going to pay for all of this, motherfucker!" I yell.

"I'd watch your tone, Max. You seem to be forgetting that one pull of this trigger and your friend is dead. I'd suggest you show a little respect. I am your teacher, after all." Is there a way for me to save Chloe? I really don't know if I can.

"...What do you want? Why are you doing this?"

"I want you Maxine, and your sweet innocence. We haven't finished our photo shoot yet."
Fuck you/No way in hell/If it's to save Chloe...

"Fuck you and your shots, Mark!"

"Why do you have to rebel? I could easily turn the gun onto you, like this, see?" He pushes Chloe to the ground and runs over to me. He wraps his arm around me and places the barrel of the gun up against my temple. I could always rewind, but I couldn't do that to Chloe. "See how easily things can change, Max?" Chloe stands back up. She has tears running down her face. "Now, I'm going to need the keys to that truck. Who has 'em?"

"I do." Says Chloe while looking at the ground.

"Well hand them over!" He demands. She pulls the keys out of her pocket and hands them to Mark. She really didn't have any other choice. "Alright Max, walk." He backs away from Chloe and drags me with him. I try to walk back with him, but it's not really working. He hands me the keys. "Unlock it." Wait, I have an idea. I put them in my pocket

Rewind

"Now, I'm going to need the keys to that truck. Who has 'em?"

"I do." Says Chloe. Actually, I do.

"Well hand them over!" Mark yells. She searches her pockets.

"Shit, where the fuck are they?!"

"Where are the keys, bitch!?"

"I don't fucking know, ok?! I thought I had them, but I guess they're gone!"