Chapter 3

"Let's go to your truck." It would be nice to be in something that has wheels. Just in case things take a turn for the worse.

"Alright, follow me." Chloe says. She does have the keys, after all. We walk over to the truck and Chloe unlocks it. We get in and sit there, looking at the rain. It's kind of peaceful when you're not looking at a giant tornado. We sit in silence for a minute. I think Chloe is thinking what I'm thinking: this is a beautiful scene. I feel a little guilty about finding beauty in this horrific event, but it's hard not to, especially with the eyes of a photographer.

"Max, why did all of this have to happen?" That's an intense question. I think Chloe is feeling depressed. Well, I'm positive she is, with everything that's happening.

"I don't know, but we just have to stay strong."

"I don't know if I can. What if mom is dead? What if David died too?" She starts to cry. "Maybe-maybe you should have just let me die."

"Chloe! You deserve to live just as much as anyone else!"

"What about them, Max? Do they not get to live because of me? That's not fair, now is it?!"
I care about you/It's gonna be ok

(I plan on putting minor choices on the same page. If you don't want to read the other choice, skip over it. I will space them out)

"I care about you Chloe! I couldn't let you die like that!"

"Letting me die on a dirty bathroom floor is better than a whole town getting wiped out by a tornado! Think of all the innocent people that are going to die because of me being alive..." Man, Chloe is really sad about this. She can't keep blaming herself though. It's not her fault, it's mine.

"Chloe, this isn't your fault! I saw this coming, I could've done more to prevent all of this from happening." It's true. I saw this coming. I should've told everyone and they could have been saved. I guess I just got distracted by my smaller problems.

"You could have solved all of this right now if you let me die! There would be no need to warn anyone because I'll be dead! I'm the problem, Max! Everything could been fixed if I wasn't alive."

"You don't know that Chloe! The storm could have still showed up anyways! Besides, you're too important to die. You're too important to me." She sighs.

"I just wish things were better, you know?" Super Max helps another person in need, I guess. I'm not really much of a super hero, letting all of those people experience that storm.

"Yeah, I understand. But this has to be our destiny. We have to stay strong, ok?"

"Yeah, ok" She says. I think she's feeling a little better.
(Go to next part)

"Listen to me Chloe, It's gonna be ok."

"How do you know that? How do you know everyone isn't dead down there?"'she asks.

"I don't know, Chloe. I really don't." Such a reassuring answer Max. "I'm scared too. I don't know what's going to happen or what we're going to do. We just have to be strong. That's all we can do."

"I guess, you're right Max. There isn't anything we can do now."

"We can help tomorrow. Ok?"

"Ok." Chloe seems content on helping everyone. I've never seen her care about something this much since Rachel went missing.
(Go to next part)

(Next part)
"Let's go to sleep, the storm will go by faster." I say. I just hope nothing happens to us while we sleep. We should be safe though. The storm is heading towards Arcadia Bay.

"Sounds good. I could use some sleep."
....................
I wake up in a calm place: calm water, a sunrise, birds chirping. Then I remembered the Bay. I get out and run to the edge of the cliff and look out at the Bay. It's ruined. Completely Destroyed.

"Max?" I run over to the truck. "Max, we have to get to the Two Whales, now!" I get into the passenger side and Chloe starts the car. I put my seatbelt on, Chloe doesn't. She puts the truck in gear and drives off.
Go to Chapter 4