Chapter 5

"How about we go to school? I've got my stuff there anyways." I should probably check to see if my stuff is still there. I doubt it though, after seeing what happened to Chloe's house. Maybe I'll find some photos there. Weird how some of the pictures from Chloe's house survived. Must be because they're so small, I don't know. After learning I could travel in time I stopped questioning the actuality of things.

"I don't know how much of that place is left, but we might as well check it out." She says while backing out of the driveway. She drives down the road, making our to the school. I look out my window. This place looks almost unrepairable. The whole town looks like there was a war or something here.

"So...where would we go if we didn't stay here?" I ask while still looking out the window.

"I don't know, and that's the beauty of it." What did I expect? This is Chloe, of course she doesn't have a plan. "Max, to have the best life you just gotta live in the present, not the future, or the past." Words of wisdom from Professor Price.

"Having a plan is always a good idea. We didn't have a plan for stopping this storm, and look what happened!"

"Well what's your plan Ms. 'lives in the future'? Of course, you can travel in time, so I guess you live in the past too.
Live here/...I don't know

"We can live here. We can, umm... you can live with me in my dorm!"

"Oh yeah right, like the school will let that happen. We don't even know if there's a school left." She says. I was silent after that. I didn't know what else to say. "Max, it'll be ok. I mean, we do have each other, and that should be enough to make it through anything. We did make it through that scary-ass storm, didn't we? As long as you can travel through time and I still have the balls to get what we want then we make an unstoppable team!" Chloe says rather excitedly. If she were a dog, her tail would be wagging like crazy.

I laugh. "You mean ovaries." I say correcting her jokingly.

The blue haired punk laughs and pats my shoulder. "That's my Maxi-Pad!"
Go to next part

"I don't know. I haven't really thought about this."

"At least I have something, and something is better than nothing." Chloe says taunting me.

"Your idea is too risky and, not to mention, dangerous! What if we run out of money? Where are we going to live? What if we starve? What if we-"

"Max, calm down, it'll be alright. We'll figure something out. We always do." Chloe is surprisingly reassuring. She is right though: we always end up finding a way, whether it be good or bad.
Go to next part

Next part
We drive up to the school entrance, right in front of the stairs.

"I don't think you'll be finding much here." Chloe says while glancing at the ruined campus, then back at me. The boy's dormitory is completely destroyed. The building itself is almost gone. It's mostly just stone and wood in piles. The main building isn't as ruined as the boy's dormitory, but it certainly took some damage. The left side of the building is destroyed: it not only has two big trees in it, but also a few cars. It still looks like we could go in there, though, so there may be people there. Probably on the right side. The girl's dormitory took the least amount of damage. Some parts of it have been damaged: windows have been shattered and parts of the roof have holes in it. That building looks the sturdiest.

"Let's find out." I say to her as I open the truck door and get out. I can't keep my eyes off of the ruined campus. So many short lived memories here. It's too bad I couldn't have spent more time here. I close the door and walk up to the main part of the campus. The statue in the middle is cut in half, who knows how that happened, the plants and flowers are strewn about, and there's glass everywhere. Chloe walks up next to me.

"Hello, anyone here?" Chloe yells.
...
Nothing. Only the wind and a few birds can be heard.

"Hmm...well, no one out here." She says while looking around, then finally stopping to look me in the eyes. "What now?"

"Let's search around out here. Maybe there's someone here."

"I doubt it, I already yelled." She responds with her arms crossed.

"Well, let's do more. I'll search over on the right side and you search the left, ok?"

"You're the boss, apparently." She says that last part under her breath, but I could still hear her. I walk over to the left side of the campus yard. It's ruined, like any other part of the Bay, but something's different. There's blood on the ground. It leads off of the main campus and trails down to the girl's dormitory.

"C-Chloe! I found something!" I turn around. She's gone. I can hear her running in the opposite direction of me. She must be going to the boy's dormitory. "Chloe!" I yell running over to the left side of the campus yard. What do I do? Chloe must have went chasing after something, potentially dangerous knowing Chloe, but there was blood over by the girl's dormitory!
Go after Chloe/Follow blood trail

If you choose to go after Chloe, go to Chapter 7
If you follow the blood trail to the girl's dormitory, go to Chapter 8