[ Chapter 14 ]

My fingers traveled over the buttons as I dialed Dalvin's phone number, a towel wrapped around my body from the shower I had just taken and my hair dripping wet.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you."

"What's up, girl?" He asked.

I laid down on my bed, holding the phone up to my ear.

"Nothing much, I was just naked and wanted to see what you were doing," I said, waiting to see what his reaction would be.

"Nothing, I'm just - do what?"

"I said I was naked, I just got out the shower," I replied, giggling at his obviously taken aback reaction.

"....that's nice. Like I was sayin' though, I was just uh - waiting for Puff to come get me. Dre's having a cookout today."

"For the 4th of July, huh? That sounds like it's gonna be fun," I replied.

"It's gonna be fun, his cookouts always are. Why don't you come with us?"

"Me? I don't know, I wouldn't wanna intrude on anything," I said, unsure.

"No, it's all good. They ain't gonna mind, I promise. I can get Puff to swing by there."

"Hm," I thought for a second, "Okay, I'll go."

"Trust me, you good. I'll see you when we get there."

"Alright, I'll see you," I said, and then we said our goodbyes. I smiled as I hung up the phone and I hopped to see what I could wear today from my closet.

I chose a pair of shorts and a gray t-shirt to pull on along with a black jacket and matching shoes. As I did my hair, I couldn't help but think about how awkward this might be if I'm just sitting there, acting as out of place as I probably will be. That, and the fact that my hair needed a touch up, but mostly that first part.

I did my makeup and grabbed my key, getting outside and locking the door only to hear the faint sound of moaning coming from next door.

....was Mrs. Johnson having a heart attack or something? My fist hovered over the door before I put my ear up to the door, my hoop earring clicking against the wood softly.

There was still moaning, followed by a few grunts. I pulled my head back in shock.

"Okay, Mrs. Johnson," I said, stuffing my key in pocket before walking down the steps, shaking my head.

So 70-year old Mrs. Johnson was getting her back blown out meanwhile I was just sitting here, collecting dust. I wouldn't say I was heavily experienced or anything, but between the two people I had done it with, I had done it a lot. I'd even say I was pretty good at it. I think.

The thought of Mrs. Johnson getting some, which by the way, I cringed at as I sat patiently on the stoop outside, made me start to think.

Would Dalvin and I end up....having sex?

That was a dumb question, of course we were. He was a boy who obviously choked at the thought of me naked and I was a girl who wondered what he was packing down there. It'd have to be a step-by-step kinda thing, it would feel weird if we just skipped straight to the sex with nothing in between. So maybe, we could get a lot of in between within the next couple of weeks....