[ Chapter 29 ]

It was a rare day when I wasn't blasting music in my room, but I honestly didn't feel like playing any right now. I was too busy packing some of my clothes - and I still had more to pack.

Instead, I just hummed to myself trying to organize my stuff neatly. It was starting to get dark outside, and I'd only have one more day until Darrell would be driving me to the airport.

My Aunt and Uncle were out with a few friends and wouldn't be back until 10 or 11. He insisted on going out - he wanted to make her feel better after they had just made her shave her head for her treatments.

There was a knocking at the door, and I took a deep breath as my heartbeat fluttered. I was always getting a little anxious these days, about pretty much everything. It was hard for me to be cool about answering the door - or even being by myself, sometimes. But I was trying hard to get over it.

I walked over to the door reluctantly, pressing my palms against the wood gently as I looked through the peephole. I blinked, and there was another knock.

I pulled away from the door, biting the inside of my lips as my hand hovered over the lock. I let out a breath and unlocked the door, twisting the knob, opening the door.

I leaned my body against the frame.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Dalvin stood there holding his hands in his pockets with a black jacket on, his hair just a little longer than the last time I saw him.

"I just wanted to talk to you. Can I come inside?" He asked, nodding towards the living room.

"We can talk right here. What do you want?" I folded my arms across my chest. In case it wasn't obvious already - I was still very much angry about the situation. Yeah, what K-Ci told me a week ago outside of the courthouse made me think, but I was also still hurt by the whole thing. I couldn't bring myself to approach him, and I didn't know if he would even care.

"Bianca, I know you're mad at me," he began.

"It's that obvious?" I asked, sarcastically.

"But it would be better if we talked inside," he said, ignoring my small, but sharp comment.

"You haven't talked to me in months and you expect me to let you inside my house? Bye Dalvin," I said, closing the door on him. Just as it was about to close all the way, he managed to push his shoulder against the door and stop it.

"Bianca, please," he said as we both struggled on the opposite sides of the door, "I just don't want our business all out here! Come on, please. Just let me explain."

I stopped struggling against him and allowed him to open the door all the way, thinking to myself for a moment. If this kept up, which it would because it was obvious that Dalvin wasn't about to give up on this, there was a good chance that Mrs. Johnson would hear the commotion and come out. And if she came out, there was a good chance she'd been coming out with that bat she kept in her closet. As mad as I was, I wasn't sure that I wanted to watch all that - or deal with more court appearances.

I stared at him hard for a moment, my face blank before nodding back for him to come inside.

I turned my back on him as he made his way in, closing the door behind himself.

The air was filled with nothing but silence and tension, and finally I spoke up.

"So what did you want? Since you wanna talk all of a sudden," I said with an attitude.

"Bianca, you're not gonna believe me when I say this, but I can't do nothing but tell the truth. I can't stop thinkin' about you," he said, and I rolled my eyes.