Chapter 1

The sun was bright, the sky a soft blue. Sunhigh was in it's prime and the sun shining bright over the SunClan camp. Inside the nursery sat Honeykit, her green eyes watching the clouds move through the blue sky. Her tail flicked behind her, and her ears twitched at the sounds of life in SunClan camp. At four moons old, Honeykit spent a lot of time outside of the nursery, but rarely interacting with Clan life, even if she wanted to. She was intrigued by how SunClan worked, the way Cinderflame organized patrols and how the Clan went about daily tasks.

"Sedgekit stoppit!" A tiny mew argued from inside the nursery, Honeykit looked over her shoulder and saw a pile of gray and white kits play fighting. Sedgekit, a gray she-kit with a fluffed out pelt had pinned down her sister Petalkit, whose silver and white pelt was being crushed under her larger sister. Their other sister, Dovekit watched and laughed quietly. Honeykit let out a tiny, amused sigh. Sedgekit, Dovekit and Petalkit were the daughters of Icepteal, a loving she-cat who had been in the nursery for a while now. Honeykit was glad that the nursery had been expanded since when she was first born, before the fire destroyed it.

Honeykit had vague memories of the fire, she remembered the heat and being scared. It was the same about the battle that had taken place when she was barely two moons old, she had been in MoonClan camp. Now, the nursery was large and spacious and was very comfortable, which was a good thing. Not only was Iceptal in here with her three kits, but Squirreltail had recently given birth to Larkkit, Pinekit and Sorrelkit. They weren't very active yet, they mostly just slept, and Goldenleaf had just moved into then nursery as well.

"Honeykit!" Honeykit stood up and turned to face her brother, Falconkit. Judging from his groggy amber eyes he had just woken up, he liked sleeping late. "What are you doing?" He questioned with a heavy yawn.

"Waiting for you to wake up, sleepy head." Honeykit playfully nudged her brother and bounded past him back into the nursery. Petalkit had escaped from Sedgekit but the three sisters continued playing. Honeykit looked at them and let out a purr of amusement, they were only a moon and a half but still enjoyable to be around. Petalkit was particularly nice, she was the most gentle of the three with Sedgekit acting as the fierce one, much like Falconkit. She would tease her sisters, but still showed respect to them.

"Honeykit!" Petalkit escaped the grasp of Dovekit and ran up to Honeykit. "Why do you always sit by the nursery entrance?" She questioned.

Honeykit shrugged. "I like watching the Clan." She admitted, which she did. She loved watching SunClan, she eagerly awaited the time she would become an apprentice.

"That sounds boring." Sedgekit snorted as she walked up being Petalkit, Dovekit on her tail.

"It's not." Honeykit mewed. "You'll realize once you get closer to be apprentices." She purred and playfully shoved Sedgekit.

The fluffy gray kit flicked her tail. "You're not that much older than us, Honeykit." She stood up, she was a big kit, but still not as big as Honeykit was, and definitely not as big as Falconkit who was already the size of an apprentice.

"Still older." Honeykit purred with amusement and flicked her tail over Sedgekit's ears, she hissed in response.

"And we'll be warriors first too." Falconkit mewed confidently as he strode in past the three she-kits.

"Only if you're smart enough to get past being apprentice." Sedgekit stuck her nose in the air with a sly grin, her two sisters chuckled beside her.

"Oh, I will." Falconkit puffed out his chest. "I'll be the best warrior this Clan has ever seen! The best warrior the forest has ever seen!"

"Only if you get over your ego." Dovekit purred with amusement. "You're still only four moons, then you have to do all the boring apprentice duties."