Chapter 15

Falconpaw's claws ripped into the earth beneath his paws, he flattened his ears and bared his teeth. "Is Riverstar a idiot? She really think she can take territory from SunClan?"

"Hush, Falconpaw!" Cherryleaf hissed, swiping her paw over his ear. Falconpaw ducked his head and turned to glare at her. "This is not your place to speak!"

Falconpaw lashed his tail. "What do you mean it's not my place to speak? This is my Clan they're threatening!"

"You're out of place to speak, Falconpaw. Now sit down and keep your mouth shut, this is not your matter to deal with right now. Dawnstar is our leader, you are just an apprentice. Sit. Down."

Falconpaw sat down, his claws still digging into the ground. Just an apprentice? He would be a warrior someday! His word meant just as much as hers or any other warrior's! He lowered his head, letting out a low growl.

"If you are threatening SunClan, Riverstar..." Dawnstar continued speaking. "You are making a serious mistake." Falconpaw looked up at his mother. "SunClan will not back down to AshClan, if you try and invade our territory then we will fight back and any blood that is spilled will be on your paws." Dawnstar stood up on her branch. "SunClan will not stay here any longer, if AshClan want's to flaunt their ignorance and threaten SunClan, we will not stay here and listen to her mouse-brained ramblings."

"Coward!' Riverstar spat.

Dawnstar shook her head. "I figured you wanted to change AshClan, Riverstar...but it appears to me that AshClan will always be battle hungry, but SunClan will defend against you and your warriors. Invade SunClan at your own risk, hopefully some of your warriors are competent enough to not follow your lead." Dawnstar jumped down off her branch. "SunClan, we are leaving!" She announced and the SunClan warriors began to rise.

Falconpaw stood up with Cherryleaf, he noticed some cats were glaring at him, others looked awkward and avoided SunClan's gaze. He assumed they were from LichenClan or MoonClan, and the idiots glaring at them were AshClan.

"Put your claws away." Cherryleaf hissed into Falconpaw's ear. "Just because AshClan started an argument doesn't mean the truce can be broken, we talked about this." Falconpaw sheathed his claws reluctantly, what he wouldn't give to claw the smug looks of AshClan's faces. He shook his head and walked beside his leader.

He spotted Honeypaw sticking close to Pebblestep, her head was low and she looked to be nervous and scared. Falconpaw snorted, if she would've trained as a warrior she wouldn't have a reason to be scared! Falconpaw looked away from her, focusing on his Clan as they left the gathering hollow. He could hear conversations between his Clanmates, angry and annoyed.

"Riverstar is a bigger idiot than Echoheart if she thinks she can invade SunClan, so much for being different than her." Rainears growled to Crowfur.

"We sheltered Riverstar when Thornstar took over AshClan, and we fought beside her so she could actually have a Clan to lead!" Adderstrike hissed to Snowtail.

"Riverstar is just trying to prove she's strong," Sandfoot mewed. "Yes, she's going about it in the wrong way but she wants to show that she nor her Clan are dependant on us. She's an idiot, yes, but I understand why she's doing this."

"That doesn't mean it's okay." Bramblepelt mewed. "I'd rather not fight AshClan, but we need to be prepared just in case."

"I will discuss with some warriors what to do." Dawnstar replied. "But just because Riverstar said they will take our territory, doesn't mean she will follow through. We will prepare for a fight, but we will not initiate it."

"Are we going to enforce the border more?" Cinderflame questioned. "We can't just ignore this threat."

"Yes, we will make the borders stronger." Dawnstar answered her deputy. "I always want double the patrol around the AshClan border. Until they back off, they shall remain in place." Falconpaw looked at the forest floor. He was ready to fight, he would send AshClan running back into their own territory with their tails tucked between their legs! He wondered if Falconclaw would give him even more training...