Chapter 2

Falconkit left his sister behind in the camp, he didn't want his adventures to be held back by her cowardice. He marched out of camp with his held high and his chest puffed out. He breathed in the scent of the forest, ready to be away from the sickly sweet scent of the nursery, ready to hear something other than the mewing of kits and the chatter of queens. He was a SunClan warrior! His place was in the forest, not in the nursery. He had been stuck in there for long enough, and he wanted to find his place as a warrior.

Falconkit walked confidently through the forest, he knew that the apprentice den was around here somewhere, but that wasn't his actual goal. It was more of a ruse to convince Honeykit to follow him, he should've figured she wouldn't. Honeykit wouldn't dare break any the Clan's precious rules, it annoyed Falconkit to no end. He wished Sedgekit was older, she was the only fun kit in the nursery. Falconkit's didn't have any real destination in mind, just to explore this part of SunClan's territory, that way he would have a lead when he became an apprentice. He congratulated himself for being so clever.

He climbed up onto a rock and looked around, Greenleaf was at it's prime and the forest was incredible, Falconkit felt alive. He jumped down and bounded through the forest. He spotted something out of the corner of his eye and pushed his way through some foliage to see a large hollow. He assumed this was the moss hollow, Falconkit padded up to it. At the moss filled bottom was Mudpaw, Falconkit's kin. He had several piles of moss at his paws and looked very focused.

"Hey! Mudpaw!" Falconkit called, breaking Mudpaw's concentration. He looked up with a bit of annoyance written on his face, his green eyes quickly changed from annoyed to surprised when he saw Falconkit.

"Falconkit! What are you doing out here? You're not supposed to leave the camp." Mudpaw said, Falconkit rolled his eyes.

"My mother told me I could leave." Falconkit lied with a flick of his tail.

"Then where's your sister?" Mudpaw asked suspiciously.

"She didn't want to come." Now that part wasn't a lie. Honeykit really didn't want to come with him.

Mudpaw shook his head. "Yeah, right." He looked up, his green gaze growing stern. "You need to go back to camp before you get in trouble."

Falconkit sighed heavily. "I'm fine, I'm not that far from camp." Yet. He added silently. "Stop being so boring."

"Go back to camp, Falconkit." Mudpaw's voice turned into a bit of a snarl. "I will drag you back there myself if I have to."

"You're not the boss of me." Falconkit puffed out his chest. "You're only an apprentice!"

"And you're only a kit!" Mudpaw spat. "You have to listen to me, and if you don't then I'll go get your father."

Falconkit laughed. "My father is the bravest warrior in all of SunClan, he would be proud of me for being so courageous." Falconkit knew that he was just as brave his father, if not braver!

"You're not being courageous, you're being stupid." Mudpaw said bluntly. "Just go back to camp before you get in trouble, if you go back now I won't tell anyone you left."

Falconkit stretched. "Or..." He mewed smoothly. "You could escort me around the territory."

"Then I'd get in trouble for taking a kit out of the camp, and I have my apprentice duties to attend to."

"You mean picking grass?" Falconkit snorted.

"This is going into your nest, you arrogant furball, and if you don't want any thorns in it I suggest you go back now." Mudpaw's irritation was visibly growing, Falconkit found himself amused by it.