Trouble at the Tooth Palace

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

When we drove through the portal, everything span and we then saw Tooth Palace in the distance. As we got slightly closer, multiple unidentifiable things flew out of the Tooth Palace and towards us. I couldn't even figure out what they were.

"... What?" North muttered, confused. I then saw what they were: Black Horses. Only they weren't exactly horses. They looked like horses, but something wasn't right with them.

The horses flew past us like lightning, screeching around the sleigh. They were completely ignoring us, meaning they were flying next to us, above us, or directly towards us. Bunny forgot about his travel sickness and jumped into action. One of the black horses flew directly towards us. I quickly sidestepped and Sandy created an umbrella with dreamsand to block the attack. Jack ducked then turned to look at the mysterious creatures.

"They're taking the Tooth Fairies!" Jack informed us. I turned to look at the horses and saw Tooth Fairies fluttering about panicked in the opaque stomach of the creatures. I saw one horse flying within reach of me. I pulled my knife out of the holster on my thigh and as soon as it was within range, I slashed at the creature, causing it to disintegrate and the Fairies to be released. They weren't released for long though because as soon as they went to fly away to safety, each Fairy was devoured by another horse.

I suddenly felt something grab the back of my shirt and pull me up and away from the sleigh. I let out a yelp of surprise and shock. I heard everyone shout my name and soon saw Jack leave the sleigh and fly after the horse that had flown off with me. I started to struggle against the horse.

"I'm almost there, Lily!" Jack yelled. He was still pretty far, so I'll have to try harder to get away from this thing. I remembered that I still had my knife, so I pulled it up and stabbed behind me and into the neck of the horse. I forgot that these horses disintegrated, so as soon as I destroyed the horse, I dropped like a sack of flour.

A feeling of dread spread through me as I fell towards the ground. I know that us spirits and Guardians are immortal, but would we survive a drop like this?

I stopped falling. Had I hit the ground? Did I survive? My eyes were squeezed shut, so I slowly opened them. I was hovering in the air. Did Jack catch me? I looked up and I saw him flying towards me. I looked behind me to see a pair of giant Robin wings keeping me up. This was new. I'd never been able to do this before.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked, concerned.
"Considering I almost fell to my death, I'm good," I replied, trying to make myself feel better. Jack smiled and nodded.
"Come on, we need to get back," He said. I nodded and we flew towards the sleigh as fast as we could.

As we were approaching the sleigh, Jack and I caught sight of a Tooth Fairy being chased by a black horse. Man, I really need to think of a name for these things. Jack pulled up and flew straight for the fairy. I flew straight towards the sleigh and dropped as soon as I was above it. I landed on my feet but fell to my knees.

"Lily! Lily, you okay?" Bunny asked, putting a paw on my shoulder. I brushed my hair out of my face.
"I'm fine. I'm fine!" I said, catching my breath.

Jack dropped into the sleigh, cradling a fairy that hadn't been devoured. We all turned to look at him.
"Hey little Baby Tooth, you okay?" He asked the trembling fairy. Baby Tooth chittered affirmatively.

We began to descend through the Tooth Palace, trying to find Pitch, Tooth, her Fairies or one of the black horses. We kept going until one of the strange horses was in sight. Jack had walked over to the front of the sleigh, I had stood up and was standing at the side holding onto the edge.