The Last Light

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Jack released a hopeful laugh, one that said that we had a chance. He quickly hovered towards me and picked me up again.

Before Jack could go, Baby Tooth began squeaking until we both stopped and looked at her. She pointed at herself and then the floor.
"You want to stay here?" Jack asked, to which Baby Tooth nodded. Jack gently picked her up and placed her on the ground. She smiled and waved as we left.

"Oh god," I muttered, as he took off again, zooming out of Pitch's lair. My grip around him tightened as we went faster than last time.
"Lily, I won't let you fall," Jack reassured me. I looked at him, then loosened my grip a bit.

Apparently Jamie is the same kid who woke up and saw all of us a couple of days ago. Now, he's the last kid to believe in all the Guardians. I guess it's a good thing that North woke him up.

Pitch's lair wasn't that far from Jamie's house. Once we got there Jack set me on the ground.
"Keep watch, okay? There's no doubt that Pitch knows about Jamie," Jack told me; I nodded in reply, pulling my knife from my holster. Jack hovered up and landed on Jamie's small windowsill.

Having my knife again made me feel a lot better. I actually felt like I could protect myself now, but having my eyesight and hearing go back to a humans kind, makes me feel weak, and strange in a way.

I didn't look away from the darkness, waiting for a Nightmare or even Pitch to show themselves. The grip I had on my knife tightened. Just thinking about Pitch right now... how dare he? How dare he do any of this?! How dare he do this to the children of the world?! To Sandy, to Bunny, to all of us?!

I understand that he wants to be believed in or feared or whatever it was, but by trying to potentially kill us Guardians is a bit much, isn't it?

The thought of the rest of the Guardians created tension in my shoulders. I looked up at the sky, waiting for a sign of them, but none came. Not yet anyway. They will definitely get here. They would do anything to protect our last believer, our last light.

But what if they are gone already? Or too weak? What if... no. If that's the case then how am I still here? They are on their way, I know they are.

I looked away from the sky and back up at Jamie's window, but Jack was gone. I noticed that the window was open, so I'm guessing that Jack went inside.

Wait... Why wasn't Jack with the Guardians? What happened? Did they get separated? It didn't even cross my mind. Never mind. It doesn't matter now. As long as when we all find each other, we stay together.

A sound soon reached my weakened ears. It was the sound of yelling, but not panicked yelling, it was more like... excited yelling, from both Jamie and Jack. What was happening up there?

A familiar sound soon resonated throughout the town. Like the sound of a certain portal opening and closing. I looked up at the sky eagerly. Were the Guardians here?! Are they okay?!

"Lily?!" A voice called down at me from Jamie's window. I looked around and saw Jack leaning out of the window.
"I think it's the others!" I called back up. Soon, another person looked out the window next to Jack and looked down at me.
"Woah! Tiger Lily!" It was Jamie, his eyes were hopeful and full of wonder and belief. I smiled back up at him.

"Go flag them down, I'm gonna help Jamie sneak out!" Jack called down again. I nodded and ran towards the front of Jamie's house by the road. I could see the sleigh, swerving around in the sky, like it was being driven by a drunk driver.

It soon began to descend at an alarming rate, the reindeer were clueless about what was going on around them. I noticed almost too late that I was about to be hit by the sleigh, so I quickly sidestepped out of the way.