Antarctica

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Lily!" Jack shouted whilst flying back towards Pitch and I. He raised his staff, pointing it at Pitch with teeth bared and an angry look in his eyes.

It felt like Pitch was trying to rip my hair clean out along with my skin. This was agony! I didn't even know that someone's grip could be this tight.

"The staff, Jack!" Pitch yelled, "You have a bad habit of interfering. Now hand it over, and I'll let her go."

I looked at Jack, whose eyes were moving back and forth between Pitch and I. Until finally, they landed on his staff. I shook my head at Jack when he looked back up at me. He can't seriously be considering this?

Pitch's grip on my hair got even tighter, even twisting it a bit, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut in pain, and unwillingly let a quiet whimper loose. Jack's grip on his staff intensified. Then he dropped it to his side. No. No, Jack what are you doing?!

He spun it round in his hand, and then passed it off to Pitch, who practically snatched it out of his hand.
"Alright-" Jack said, his arms at his sides, with his fists clenched, "Now let her go."

Pitch seemed to pause for a moment. Why do I get the feeling that I know what he was about to do?
"No," Pitch simply stated. Jack looked shocked, and then furious. He glared at Pitch with indescribable hate.

"You said you wanted to be alone. So be alone!" Pitch shouted. There was no way I was going back to that lair. Wait, my knife! I reached down to my holster, only to feel nothing. Either I dropped it, or Pitch took it when he brought me here. New plan.

I brought my hand up to his and dug my nails deep into his hand. He yelled slightly and let go of my hair. He then glared at me and created a large ball of Nightmare sand. He flung it at me, and it hit me across the area we were in until I hit the wall, hard.

I fell down into a large fissure in the icy landscape and landed straight on my back, knocking the wind out of my lungs and leaving me to wheeze. Everything was fading. I looked above me and soon saw Jack hit the wall where I did and fall down. He landed near me, leaning against the wall of the fissure.

My eyelids grew heavy. The last thing I saw before I blacked out, was Pitch leaning down at us from the top of the fissure. He chuckled evilly and threw down the remains of Jack's staff. He'd broken it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lily?" The voice sounded concerned, and shaky. It also sounded a bit distant. My eyelids were too heavy to open.

"Lily?" The voice said again, this time it was more focused. My eyelids were becoming lighter, and I felt a throbbing pain in my temple.

As I came to, and before I opened my eyes, I felt like I was being held in someone's arms. Someone... freezing. I opened my eyes after what felt like hours. I saw Jack looking down at me, his eyes held concern. Soon after I opened my eyes, his concerned expression melted into one of relief.

"Lily," He breathed, happy that I was awake. Jack helped me to sit up, but I was dizzy almost immediately, and my head throbbed, mostly on one side. I brought my hand up to my head and felt a tender lump where I had possibly hit it.

"Hey, don't touch it," Jack said softly, he gently pulled my hand away from my head, "It might make it worse." Jack reached for his staff, but stopped when he realised it wasn't there, and a sadness passed over Jack's face. He looked around for something. His head stopped moving when he saw something. He got up and picked up a lump of ice about the size of my hand.

He came back over and knelt down beside me again. He gently held the ice against my bruised head. I gave Jack a small smile and brought my hand up to the lump of ice so that Jack didn't have to hold it.