Pitch's Lair

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Dark, cold, damp and scary. That was the only way to describe this place. Pitch's Lair. It was horrible. Just the feeling someone would get by being in this place would be enough to make them say that it was uninhabitable.

I sat against the cold bars of the cage that was hanging from the ceiling of the lair. Hopefully, Willow was still at the Warren or with the others.

The cages around me had all the kidnapped Baby Teeth. They flew around in their cages, unable to escape. Some of them tried communicating with me when I got here, but I couldn't help them in the end.

I was sitting with my legs pulled up to my chest with my robin wings wrapped around me, in an effort to both keep me warm and to comfort me. I looked at the golden watch on my wrist. This was the only thing I had left of Sandy. My eyes watered at the thought of his name.

Bunny was right. This isn't my fault. It's Pitch's fault. There's no one to blame but him for everything! I threw my fist down onto the floor of the cage in anger.

I looked up at the ceiling of the lair. I looked for an opening, hoping that I could see the Moon. But no. There was nothing. And if there was I can't see it at this angle.

My green eyes moved down to the ground of the lair. There were multiple piles of the Tooth Boxes that Pitch had stolen. They all contained the memories of childhood. I wonder if my box is down there.

I noticed that I still had my knife. Pitch didn't take it away, surprisingly. Maybe he just forgot. Too busy trying to terrorise children and destroy us Guardians for good probably.

I thought about trying to cut away at the bars, but my knife would most likely go blunt after about 3 seconds. I groaned in annoyance. How was I going to get out of here? If no one comes along, I'll either have to find a way to escape myself, or be trapped forever. No. The others wouldn't leave me here... hopefully.

My eyes watered again. I hate this. I hate this cage and I hate Pitch.

I just want Sandy back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been here for hours, or so it felt. I need to get out of here. I stood up from my sitting position and began pulling at each bar of the cage, looking for any weak ones. After a while, I found a bar that moved slightly after it was pulled at. I took my knife and began to try and weaken it at the bottom of the cage.

I was trying to pry my knife into the bottom of the bar, when the Baby Teeth began to chirp and chitter even louder than before. I stopped what I was doing and looked around. Keeping careful watch of the shadows in case Pitch decided to emerge.

I looked around at the Baby Teeth. They were all sitting on parts of the cages, their wings bent at odd angles. Soon after I noticed their wings, I felt mine disintegrate unwillingly. I also lost part of my hearing. I couldn't hear as much anymore, it made everything seem so quiet. My sight became a bit more unfocused and my sense of smell just gave up on me.

What is happening? Wait- No! The children- Have they stopped believing?! I speed walked over to the other side of the cage where I could see Pitch's globe where the believers of the Guardians were clearly shown. What I saw made my stomach drop for the second time today.

The children were starting to stop believing. There must have been only 300 lights left. That may seem like a lot but at the rate that the lights were dimming and finally diminishing, it wasn't a lot at all.

I started to feel a rumbling again. Like the rumbling I felt before I got here, back at the Warren. Was this Pitch again?

A wall of black sand enveloped me. It got cold, ridiculously cold. Almost immediately after the wall of Nightmare sand disappeared, I felt a rough and harsh grip on the roots of my hair pulling my head back slightly. I knew it was Pitch behind me, but it was who was in front of me that shocked me.

It was Jack.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾