A report

A Report

Owen:

Frantically, I make my way back down to the second floor. The impossible has happened, little Miss Sang Sorenson has fled our protection undetected. It’s not enough she managed to get past Sean, Mr. Lee, and me; she somehow managed to escape with our security in place. Once she is found, Mr. Morgan will need to set something else up. Maybe he can work with Corey from the Toma team and come up with a better system, one that a slip of a girl can’t get past.

“Sean, wake up.” The frustration I feel seeps through with each word spoken. Met with nothing more than a loud, obnoxious snore, I try again, this time with more force.

“Dr. Green, I need you up. Now!” I yell, most likely waking the whole household.  

“Owen, must you shout this early in the morning?” Sean mumbles groggily into his pillow.

“My apologies, Dr Green, shall I wait until it suits you to tell you Miss Sorenson has fled?” I question dryly, pulling my glasses off to wipe the lenses clean.

Immediately, Sean jumps out of bed, his eyes wild, and his blonde curly hair even more unruly than normal, causing him to look more like a cartoon character than anything. Had it been a different situation, I might have laughed at his unfortunate circumstances. Instead, I watch as he frantically grabs various articles of clothing.

Finally dressed, Dr. Green turns his attention to me, “What do you mean Sang has fled?”

“Exactly that. I have searched every inch of the inside of this house, and she is nowhere to be found,” I state, heading out the door.

“Are you positive?” he asks, looking down both ends of the hallway.

“I have searched in every nook and cranny in this house, she is not here” I grit out, frustrated. I know he doesn’t want to believe it any more than I do.

“I will get Mr. Lee up and filled in. I need you to wake the others,” I continue.

“Then you and Kota will make up the coffee?” Dr. Green questions eagerly.

“Yes Dr. Green, Mr. Lee and I will get drinks ready to go,” I say, switching gears as Dr. Green continues walking.  

“Mr. Lee, I need you up and downstairs in less than five,” I command, knocking on his door.

“Two minutes, Mr. Blackbourne,” Mr. Lee yells back, sounding awake and alert. Good. I needed him awake for this.

How in the world had she gotten past us? Dr. Green had obviously knocked out rather easily, which means it’s time to have another chat with him. But she shouldn’t have gotten past Mr. Lee or me. I had been awake most of the night, and when I did manage sleep, it had been light. Maybe it’s time for some more vigorous training. It’s apparent we are slacking. Plus, Mr. Taylor is on that floor. If nothing else, I would think he would have heard her on the stairs. It just didn’t add up. Why would she run though? I thought I had made myself clear to her, that we are here to help, not harm. What could cause this much distrust? Footsteps on the stairs has the thoughts clearing from my head.

“Mr. Lee,” I greet as he rounds the wall into the kitchen.

“Mr. Blackbourne, what’s going on?” Mr. Lee asks, falling into team lead mode.

“Sometime between 1:30 and 4:30 this morning, Miss Sorenson left on her own accord. I have searched everywhere in this house, and she is nowhere to be found.”

“Have you searched the yard?” he questions, grabbing the travel mugs.

“I didn’t see her on any of the cameras,” I state.