Mistakes happen

Having already removed my sweat drenched pajama shorts, I pull the sweaty top off of my body. I hope a bath would help calm my nerves after my horrifying nightmare. It is still very early in the morning, and I doubt anyone will be even moving just yet. That will give me enough time to collect my thoughts before anyone wakes up. Today, I hold a new determination to finding the girls and bringing them to safety. I don’t know any of their names, but I have seen their faces, and it haunts me. Innocent girls, being used for only god knew what. Yesterday had been a bust. By the time Silas and I returned home, everyone else had already reported in, and just like Silas and I, had reached dead ends all the way around. I am starting to feel as if this will never end, that we would never get those girls back.

No, I can’t think like that. I really haven’t even begun to work on finding them. I need to trust the guys and believe they know what they are doing. I can’t lose hope already, I need to have the strength and hope the girls may not have anymore. My heart broke; I know potentially what they could be going through; if it isn’t worse than what I can dream up. Unwound from my nightmare, and my newfound determination, I leave the bathroom, making sure everything is as tidy as possible, before venturing out into the hallway. As I begin down the steps, I start hearing varying voices, letting me know at least some, if not all the boys are already up and moving.

“Sang, you’re up,” Owen says, spotting me first.

“I am. I had a nightmare that woke me,” I reply, cringing even as I speak. I didn’t mean to say that out loud.

“Good morning, Princess,” Victor states, handing me something wrapped in a paper towel.

“Instead of going on a following mission, you’ll be working with Victor, Mr. Blackbourne, and me,” Dakota says, coming towards me.

“Why?” I ask, before rushing in and adding, “Not that I mind, I just thought I would be more useful to navigate.” I wanted to do my part, It didn’t matter how I helped.

“The others left about an hour ago. We need a second set of eyes to look over what the three of us have already looked at. We want to make sure we’re not missing any vital information,” Mr. Blackbourne states.

“When do we start?” I question almost eagerly. Ready to get started. It doesn’t sound like a tough task.

“We begin right now. Make sure you have everything you need,” Mr. Blackbourne says, heading out of the kitchen.

“Can I have some coffee?” I ask, gesturing to the half-filled pot. I have never had any, but maybe it would help me stay awake longer.

“Of course. Victor can help you and then the two of you can meet us in the meeting room,” Dakota says, following the way Mr. Blackbourne had gone.

“How do you like it?” Victor asks, pulling a travel mug down from the cabinet.

“There’s a meeting room?” I question, ignoring what Victor had said.

“Of course. We don’t normally make it a habit to meet in the family room or kitchen,” Victor says, with a chuckle, his eyes blazing with amusement.

“Cream and sugar?” Victor asks, bringing us back to the task at hand. Not knowing anything about coffee, I nod my head.

“Tell me when it’s enough,” Victor says, as he begins to fix my coffee.

Taking the doctored coffee from Victor’s hand, I follow him out of the kitchen. Stopping at a door halfway down the hallway off the dining room, he turns the handle opening the door. Holding it open, he gestures for me to go ahead of him. Stepping into the room, my gaze lands on Mr. Blackbourne and Dakota sitting at the back at a long table with a laptop at each spot, working together. I count the chairs and there are nine in total, one for each boy. When Victor closes the door behind him, both Dakota, and Mr. Blackbourne stand from their seats and turn towards me. I walk towards the pair, unsure where I am to sit or even begin. Mr. Blackbourne pulls out the chair between Dakota, and himself.