Shopping IS exhausting

Never in my entire being have I ever seen shopping like that. One thing was for sure; Gabriel had style, and knows what he is doing when it comes to clothing. I can’t complain as he didn’t get anything I wouldn’t have bought myself, if I had the means. The only problem is that they spent far more than however much I will be of use. I tried quitting after a few outfits, but Gabriel demanded more, and Victor, who seemed to pay for everything, assured me my help is more than worth the amount spent. Not that anyone had given me a total. Victor stuck all of the receipts in his pocket and told me just to say thank you. Now, looking around the room at all the bags, I know they went way overboard. I don’t even think I can wear every outfit in this lifetime. I will have to find other ways to repay them.  A knock at the door has me turning, but before I can say anything the door is swinging open.

“Incoming!” Gabriel exclaims, in what I had found is normal Gabriel style.

“Into the bathroom, missy. March.” he demands in the only way he can. Giving him a smile, I salute. I have come to realize whenever he is bossy like that he has an idea, and it’s just easier to go with it.

“Trouble…” he warns, using the nickname he had given after I almost caused a fight with a guy that had thought Luke pushed him, except it had been me who had stumbled into him.           

They had avoided a fight, but Gabriel declared me trouble. Giggling, I head into the bathroom, feeling lighter than I could ever remember feeling. Despite being exhausted, it has been a good day. I had gotten a chance to know Gabriel, Luke, Victor, and Nathan a little more, and felt I could be myself with them.

“Bend over the tub. I’m going to wash your hair,” Gabriel states adding quickly, “If you will let me.”

Kneeling on the floor, I bend over the tub. I can’t remember the last time someone washed my hair.

I close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of someone running their fingers through my hair. As I feel cold goo going into my hair, he begins to speak.

“This does not smell fucking pretty, but it will make your hair look fucking amazing.” Gabriel says, just as the smell hits my nose.

“On the plus side, the conditioner doesn’t smell terrible, and will leave your hair smelling better than the shampoo” he continues. “I don’t have time to cut your hair tonight before we go to the meeting, however I would like to style it” He pauses, as if he is waiting for me to answer. “Shit. I’m sorry. Don’t speak,” he apologizes. He continues to wash, and condition my hair, relaxing me as we fall into a comfortable silence.  

Lifting my head with my hair wrapped in a towel, I turn to Gabriel. “You cut hair?” I question.

“Yes and fucking beautifully,” he boasts, “I’ll show you tomorrow.”

“If you’re okay with that of course,” he adds after a beat.

“Uh- sure,” I agree, not sure if that is the right answer. Gabriel chuckles, before opening the bathroom door

“Come on, trouble. We need to get you dressed, so we can get you finished up” He states, heading back to the room.

Back in the room, Gabriel starts going through the bags grabbing out various items, and placing them in different piles on the bed, until he has four outfits laid out on the bed. Walking back and forth, he starts moving outfits around mumbling to himself, until there is one outfit left in the middle of the bed.

“That’s the one. I’ll turn around, you get dressed,” Gabriel states, turning around facing the wall.  I don’t know why it matters now; he has been in my personal space all day. Seeing the underwear and bra set out also, his turning around is starting to make more sense.