Chapter 9- Surgery

JENS POV 2 weeks later

When I wake up in the morning, Josh isn't there. Where did he go? Did he leave last night? Suddenly I see the door to the bathroom of my room opens. "Hey sweetheart," he says, imitating a drunk Haymitch Abernathy voice. I laugh. " Good morning, Hun," I say.

The doctor comes in with some news. Apparently the cancer and chemo weakened my heart too much and they'll have to do surgery. They said that it's nothing major and I should recover in about a week.

Looks like that'll be one more thing all over the tabloids. Jennifer Lawrence has cancer- they didn't shut up about it for a month. Josh saved me- still all over the place. Let's just say that since I'm practically dying of cancer it's been all over the covers of tabloids and gossip magazines for the past year.

The surgery is tommorrow. I'm kind of scared. What if something goes wrong? But, I know Josh will be there for me the whole time. I don't need to worry.

2 hours later

JOSHS POV

Jen's surgery went well. I wasn't aloud in of course, but the doctors said everything went good and Jen will be fine. As I'm sitting there thinking, her eyes slowly flutter open. "Hey. How ya feelin'," I ask her.

"Ok I guess. My chest kinda hurts though."

"The doctors said it would for awhile. Take this Advil," I say, handing her two pills and a cup of water.

"Thanks Josh." Jen takes the pills and gulps down the water. She tries to sit up but fails, wincing in pain. "Here," I say, pressing a button on the side of the bed that props the top half of her bed up on an incline.

The doctor comes in and asks Jen a few questions then leaves. I get bored so I turn on the tv in Jen's room. I put it on HBO and The Hunger Games is on. "Let's watch," I say. "No," Jen groans. I put the remote where she can't reach it and smirk at her. She just rolls eyes and we watch.

3 day later. Jen's POV

It's been three days since my surgery and I'm feeling quite a bit better. I can walk around a bit without my heart hurting or restricting me, which is good. The doctors say it would be best if I stayed in the hospital for the rest of the chemo.

This has been the longest year of my life, even though I was unconscious for half of it. While I was out I missed mine and Josh's birthdays. Josh was so sweet. He totally missed his own twenty-first birthday for me. I kind of felt guilty, but he told me not to worry about it.

"Jen," Josh says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh," I say.

"I said, the doctors want to try to get you to walk some more. Why were you spaced out?"

"I was just thinking how this has been the worst year of my life."

"I know Jen. But I promise you it will get better." I just give Josh a weak smile. He always comforts me. I'm so glad I'm gonna be marrying this man. I don't know what I would do without him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all!! So I know this chapter is probably really crappy, it's just a filler and I'm supez tired.