Chapter 16- The Ellen Show

I wake up to the familiar annoying beep of my alarm clock. I reach over and slap it off, still half asleep. "Josh, come on, we have the interview in two hours," I say while lightly slapping his cheeks. His eyes flutter open but I still continue slapping him. I climb over and sit on my knees with one on either side of his legs. He rolls his eyes and grabs my wrists while their in midair.

"Every morning you find a new way of waking me up that's ten times more annoying than the previous day."

"Oh so I annoy you? Is that what you think of me," I say, sounding clearly upset. "No, Jenny, no. I didn't mean it that way, baby, I was just kidding with you," Josh says as he sits up and gives me a big hug. I just sigh and lean in to his chest.

We just sit there for at least a good ten minutes before we go downstairs for breakfast. We end up in front of the TV with cereal like usual. When I turn on the TV, the news is on. The first report is about, guess who, Nick. I shudder when I hear his name and immediately change the channel. I think Josh sees me shudder and knows what I'm thinking about about because he wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheek. What would I do without him? At this point he's the only one keeping me sane. I probably wouldn't even be alive now if it weren't for him.

When we finish our cereal we go back upstairs to get showered and ready for today's interview. It's gonna be a long day. I just hope I don't break down. It'll be the PTSD or the hormones. Neither of them have been very friendly lately.

I shower quickly. In about ten minutes I've showered, dried off, and am ready to get dressed. I like what I get to wear for today's interview. For once I get to wear something casual and comfy for an interview. And by that I mean a t-shirt, hoodie, and jeans. The shirt is light pink and light blue striped, since we found out I'm having a boy and a girl, and it has TWINS printed across my stomach.

I get dressed and so does Josh. Ten minutes later we're out the door and driving to the studio where they tape Ellen. The drive is silent except for the radio playing quietly. Josh is holding my hand with our hands laying over the center console.

Twenty minutes later we are backstage waiting for Ellen. "Hey, Jen, Josh," we hear from behind us. We turn around and see her standing there. "Ellen!" we exclaim at the same time. We both give her a hug and all a little before she has to go out to stage. We wait a little before she announces us and then walk down the few white steps to the stage and sit on the couch.

When she says "Ladies and gentlemen, we have Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson!" I interrupt her. "Let me stop you right there, Ellen," I say. "Pretty soon it won't be Jennifer Lawrence any more. Yes. Josh and I are engaged", I say as I hold my hand out so the ring can be seen. I hear a lot of gasps and cheering from the crowd. We talk with Ellen a bit before she says "So, a lot has been going on these past few years, huh?"

"Ya. A lot has happened these past three years. When we were out for our one year anniversary I was laughing and hyperventilated because my lungs had been acting up for a few days before that. I passed out and ended up in a coma for six months. I actually woke up just as they were turning the machines off. Then, when I woke up, we found out I had lung cancer. It lasted for a year and at one point was after the chemo and it had been a lot worse than it had been. I was actually dying and my heartbeat was slowing. Josh actually saved me with a kiss. As crazy as it may sound, its true. Because to this very day when ever we kiss my heart still just beats a million miles a minute, so when he kissed me my heartbeat literally picked up and it saved my life. Josh proposed when I was around six months into the chemo. It was so hard. I honestly can't tell you how many times I just wanted to give up. I was seriously depressed, and I was actually cutting a lot. I also had eating disorders. I wasn't eating and whenever I did eat, which I rarely did, it just came back up. I can't tell you how happy and relieved we both were when the cancer was finally over. Then, three months later, we found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately, five months into the pregnancy, there was a miscarriage and we lost the baby. Then, just two months ago, Nicholas Hoult kidnapped me. He had me locked up in an abandoned house for three days, and he stabbed me in the stomach. It's just so hard and the last three years have brought almost nothing but tears for both of us. It's really one of those things that makes you open your eyes. I mean, you never really realize how precious life is until it's nearly taken away from you countless times," I say, in tears by the time I've finished. "Wow, so sad," Ellen says.

"Ya, well, we're not so sad anymore. We're getting married soon and," I trail off as I remove my hoodie, revealing my t-shirt. "I'm pregnant with twins!" There's lots of gasping and cheering from the crowd again. "Wow! Twins?! Well, congrats guys," Ellen says. We talk about the twins a little bit more until she says "Well this should be interesting."

"What should," Josh questions. "You guys being parents. You're basically two big five year olds who are gonna try raising your own kids," she replies. "Wha, hey," I say, pretending to be offended. "Well, you know what, we are two people who act like five year olds, drink, and are somehow considered adults. But, at the end of the day, we love each other and these babies more than anything and that's all that matters," I say as Josh wraps his arm around my shoulders and I lean my head on his shoulder.

We wrap up the interview and head home. As soon as we are through the mahogany front door (AN: sorry. I just had too) I kick off my shoes and lay down on the couch. I'm exhausted. "Jen. Why don't you go lay down in bed," Josh questions me. "Ugh! I'm too tired," I whine. Josh just chuckles and picks me up. He carries me up the stairs to our room, lays me down in bed, and pulls the covers over me like a little kid. He gives me a little kiss before exiting the room, turning the lights off and shutting the door on the way out. Man I love him. He's just so sweet.

I don't know how long I slept, but when I wake up I smell food from downstairs. It smells like...pizza. I go downstairs to see Josh on the couch with a pizza box in front of him. "Hey! You got pizza without me?! Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"I knew you'd wake up as soon as you smelled it," he replies. I walk over and sit next to him on the couch. He opens the box and picks up a big slice. He moves it over to my mouth, feeding me. I giggle a little and take a big bite. "I love you," I say sweetly when I've finished my bite of pizza. "I love you too," Josh replies before leaning over and kissing me. I love him so much. I don't know what I would do without him.