two

Two hours and five minutes. Louis estimated, as he sat outside the gas station pumping gas into the car because his mum forgot to re-fill it when she got home from work and Dan needed his car. His hands trembled when placing it back into its original place and he got back into the car starting it and pulling out while Lottie hummed to the music playing lowly.

It was hard to drive with shaking fingers and how he fidgeted barely paying attention to the gps leading him to his boy. Harry sounded so terrified, down right in fear for his life. Louis could still hear how his voice trembled as he sobbed into the phone begging him to come save him. He had never been so bloody confuse in his life, Harry was suppose to be safe. Anne promised him and jay he would be safe. So far away from the man that harmed them even Louis wouldn't be able to see him,

She lied. Louis believed she lied, Harry was in Cheshire! Not some small village Anne had gone on and on about, not the place harry had smiled at widely with his eyes shining as he hugged his mother close. "God we're going to get in a car crash if you keep shaking like that."Lottie spoke up silencing the singing of Seafret.

"Sorry."Louis replied numbly eyes on the road. Lottie placed a comforting hand on his shoulder sighing deeply, Louis relaxed a bit.

"I over heard um- you speaking with Harry."Lottie trailed off, "We're going to get there in time okay? Everything's going to be alright."Louis nodded half believing her because so much could happen in two hours and if traffic got any worst it would be longer. "Mum showed me photos of him...he seemed absolutely lovely, an angel. Told me a few stories to."

Louis smiles.

"Told me how when Harry had first spent the night and she was off from work he crawled into her bed hugging an old stuff bear of mine, kissed her cheek repeatedly thanking her for taking him in."Lottie lips turn up right. "Mum looked so happy talking about him. I can tell you both cared about him deeply, he was like a little brother huh?"

Louis swallows. No one had ever found out what was really going on between him and Harry, of course Liam and zayn Rose a few brows when he got over protective and Niall always had a smug look on his face. "Yeah."His shaking fingers turn the radio up so he no longer had to talk to Lottie and his stomach churned.

✧~✧~✧

Fifteen minutes into the drive but it felt like forever to Louis. Lottie managed to fall asleep ten minutes ago so he was surround by the rapping of NF and his thoughts, he tried not to think of worst case scenarios instead just memories of him and Harry.

Gasping loudly he jumped up from his bed soaked. Harry squeaked next to him giggling loudly, "You're going to fucking get it Harold!"Louis hollered jumping up from his wet bed and running after the small boy who only wore his jumper and a hickey on his neck.

Harry could barely run from how much he laughed but he managed to get to the backyard in the garden Jay recently planted. His legs gave out and he collapsed to the ground in fits of giggles pointing his fingers at a soaked louis. Flushed cheeks with a blinding smile louis couldn't even be mad, he only smiled fondly. "M' sorry lou. Just funny!"Harry chirped fiddling with the strings of louis' jumper.

"It's okay babe."Louis replies laying on the ground next to him knowing he'll regret it because the dirt stuck to his wet shirt. None of that matter with Harry next to him. "How did you even managed to carry a bucket of water up the stairs?"Louis peers up at him with one eye, the other clenched shut because the sun was blinding

"Big strong boy lou!"Harry replies climbing onto Louis' lap his curls blocking the sun. "Think mummy be mad I spil water on floor?"Harry asks playing with Louis fingers

Louis shakes his head, "Nah, I'll take the blame love."Hardy smile sand leans down pressing his lips to Louis. Pulling back giggling again

"Thank lou!"

The red light flicker green and Louis heard a row of honks before he was speeding off, an hour closer to his boy.

✧~✧~✧

I am so sorry for not updating like I usually do! It's just I've been caught up with this book on ao3 that has me shooketh to the core. I've cried during books (as tragic as it sounds) but this fucked me up.

I would recommend it but it's so heartbreaking at some points I could barely continue.

BUTTTT IF YOURE BRAVE

It's birds in glided cages. I forreal can't after that book. Promise my regular updates are coming back ❤️